Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Proofing & printing your images

I thought i would share some info i have learnt over time on printing and proofing in PS.

The key to having a good print is to proof them in photoshop, as printers (some set down more ink than others), ink and paper/paper type (different paper, matt for Instant absorb more ink and resin type absorb less) all vary from brand to brand. 

A calibrated screen is just a viewing aid and gives or helps to achieve true colour on screen it has nothing to do with the printing of an image except aiding you in getting accurate colour on screen, its all down to proofing the image. 

To proof the image for PRINTING-

1. Duplicate the image you are going to print.

2. Goto - view, proof setup then custom

3. In the Device to simulate option choose say for the epson SPR1800PGPP (PGPP Premium Gloss Photo Paper). These settings in the device to simulate option will changed depending on what printer you use.

4. Check simulate paper colour.

5. hit OK.

6. Compare the proofed image with the original (or press command/control Y to flick the proof setup on & off) and alter the saturation, brightness or what ever else is needed to match the proofed version to that of the original version. Thats It.

If you want to be more accurate to match the one on the screen then what i do is make 6 small images (A selected areas of the image) in photoshop on there own layers and for each layer i name the adjustment i have just made for that layer, like a curves adjustment. You then print it on an A4 or bigger and compare the 6 images on the A4 to see which is a good match (repeat if you need to if they are still out). You then apply the correct adjustment to the image you are going to finally print.

Proofing is also good if you want to see how your image will look on a PC monitor if you are a mac user. I use this a lot when uploading to the web as the majority of people use PC's.

This is helpful when using Photoshop to print.

When printing using photoshop.

1. Select print.

2. Under the colour handling select photoshop manages colour.

3. under the printer profile option select the paper type say SPR1800PGPP 

4. check black point compensation.

5. hit print.

6. then you get to the printers setting.

7. You will see a box that says layout, press it and select colour management and check OFF, no colour management. This stops the printer managing the colour and Is an important step.

8. Then goto print settings (under the same drop down box you have just used) and select the type of paper, say PGPP and select colour or B&W for mono.

Hit print and see what you have.

Hope this will be of use to someone :)

• Like 1

I had a different approach, not as well-defined as this though. But given that I would persist with a particular printer, and also have a favourite paper, I would :

1. work out the difference between the 'ideal print' onscreen, and what needed to be done in Photoshop to reproduce that in print form

2. record an 'Action Set' in Photoshop of the tweaks done as a result of 1. and apply it universally from then on each time I printed

But for important prints, I would first apply the Action Set and then print off a test print of a thin strip of the image; I'd repeat test strips on the same sheet until I got it absolutely right. I would note down what I'd done in Photoshop over and above the Action Set and store it on the computer with the image file.

Edited by ChrisLumix