Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A bottle of le plonk

ChrisLumix

What a pity there isn't a 'Still Life' forum here - it's such an obvious photographic choice!

Anyway, here is one from Normandy, circa 1982. Which means it would have been taken using a Minolta SRT 100X with either a 45mm standard lens, or possibly an MC Rokkor 58mm f1.4 lens (lovely bit of glass). Just a pity that the zone of sharpest focus has included the bottle neck, but not the glass.

post-677-0-85023500-1376650578.jpg

What a pity there isn't a 'Still Life' forum here - it's such an obvious photographic choice!

Maybe if we talk nicely to Phil he'll create one for us :) especially with the winter coming up... what else do we shoot on bad weather days?

On the subject of this one, I'm slightly intrigued by the focus point being up on the neck of the bottle, it just makes the picture feel a bit weird. The glass or the label would have worked better for me although maybe it could be taken as an indication of the results of le cidre :wine: which also works quite well and makes you look twice.

I must point out that either your print or your scanner need a bit of cleaning, there's a few marks on the picture especially visible in the large version. Not surprising on a 30 y/o picture but not ideal.

Were we to get more 'still life' posted then I would agree, but we don't. There's nothing worse than an empty forum.

As Bugs says it's no issue to create one. Thoughts please. 

Maybe if we talk nicely to Phil he'll create one for us :) especially with the winter coming up... what else do we shoot on bad weather days?

On the subject of this one, I'm slightly intrigued by the focus point being up on the neck of the bottle, it just makes the picture feel a bit weird. The glass or the label would have worked better for me although maybe it could be taken as an indication of the results of le cidre :wine: which also works quite well and makes you look twice.

I must point out that either your print or your scanner need a bit of cleaning, there's a few marks on the picture especially visible in the large version. Not surprising on a 30 y/o picture but not ideal.

Yes - I pointed that out myself! Unfortunately I can't remember what the thinking was 30 years ago - either it was just the holiday mood, or as you say, the effect of le cidre!

I could do with some help on that. I've wiped the platen to death with a micro-fibre cloth (to avoid scratches), but each time I scan anew, there's loads of dust present. If I don't wipe it, the dust gradually disappears. Should I be using some kind of anti-static along with the micro-fibre cloth? It could be that my enthusiastic cleaning is getting rid of dirt and marks and prints, but attracting a bucketload of dust out of the air.

Were we to get more 'still life' posted then I would agree, but we don't. There's nothing worse than an empty forum.

As Bugs says it's no issue to create one. Thoughts please. 

Perhaps people don't post still lives because there isn't a forum? A self-fulfilling prophecy? Or maybe I'm the only person interested. Which is kind of strange, as it used to be much more of a subject matter than it seems to be nowadays. It could take in so much :

• artfully arranged indoor group of objects
  • a study of an object (inanimate portraiture) 
  • an accidental grouping (found shot)
  • close-up of street fixtures (signs, shop windows, reflections)
  • detritus
  • a feature of a larger object, e.g. car badge or light cluster

The scope is virtually infinite!

I have reloaded this, because of TIPF URL changes it went missing from my TIPF records...Ive been a member for a very long time now....Phil will know?

My daughter had just purchased this replica Roman Glass from a History Fair as an early Christmas present for me.....I added the apple to give a colour and texture contrast:

Best viewed LARGE....Click on Pic:

FUJI

post-4-0-46835700-1376685508.jpg

Archived