Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Female Common Darter.

JohnP

It's a lovely shot. Nice and sharp from head to toe.

After seeing all of the wonderful insect and dragon shots on here, it makes me want to try harder.

I think the big thing with the bugs is the amazing variety, and the challenge of getting that one really crisp shot (like this) that makes the day worthwhile.

I think the big thing with the bugs is the amazing variety, and the challenge of getting that one really crisp shot (like this) that makes the day worthwhile.

Bugs... I've waited all summer to get a shot of a Dragonfly and when the opportunity finally came I just had to make sure I didn't mess up...  :yes

I love the detail of insects when you put them up on screen as you can see the detail more than you can with the human eye.. 

My thoughts exactly Tina!  Take for instance Blue Damselflies, a little while ago I took lots of photos of them and I hadn't a clue what species they were until I got them on my computer in order to get a proper look. I think there are about seven species in the British Isles and I've managed to find three so far. 

Take for instance Blue Damselflies, a little while ago I took lots of photos of them and I hadn't a clue what species they were until I got them on my computer in order to get a proper look. I think there are about seven species in the British Isles and I've managed to find three so far. 

Useless (maybe) information of the day ;)

Blue damselflies in the UK...  (or with a mainly blue body)

Azure....                             Common in England, Wales, southern Scotland

Common blue                     Common across all of England, Scotland, Wales

Variable...                           Scattered populations across England and Wales

Blue tailed                          Common across all of England, Scotland, Wales

Scarce blue-tailed              Extreme S/SW England and SW Wales

Northern                             Very rare - only found in a few locations in Scotland

Southern                            Rare and only found in the south of England and SW Wales

Irish                                    Rare even in Ireland, but fairly common in Europe. Sometimes a visitor in the south

Dainty                                 Believed extinct from 1952 until 2010 when two were seen in Kent

Red eyed                           Male has a blue body and tip of tail    Southern England and the Welsh borders

Small red eyed                   Mainly south east England, recent arrival and spreading slowly

(and I've only seen 5 of them)

Archived