Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

technologically advanced camera rig

Leon

Looks like my hrfc flashgun rig for macro minus  the i pod and all the gps nintendo rubbish and a flash in place of the mic

In fact up to 1 min 56 it looks like its brother without the filter and flashes added , after that it just gets stupid

Guest DaveW

I still cannot understand if you want to take video why you would buy basically a stills camera to do it? However I expect everything now has to be the electronic equivalent of a Swiss Army Knife, just as the mobile phone has moved from its original prime voice function to be a camera and a Play Station.  I can't help recalling the old saying "jack of all trades, master of none" though. Guess I'm getting old!

However eventually I expect video and stills will be combined into a single camera type, with the video camera winning and stills will simply be selected frames from a video sequence, which after all is really what a motor drive sequence is anyway.

great laugh but on a serious note there is an awful lot of video being shot on DSLR's. The client I am working with at the moment had a german company in and they brought a German art house film crew in to do a business video. it was shot entirely on DSLR's 

Guest DaveW

I still wonder Richard as the distinctions between the two disappear if we will finish up with a single camera for both disciplines and the dedicated stills camera will eventually largely disappear?  The problem at the moment seems to be fast and large enough memory storage to accommodate long video runs from the higher sensor quality as presently used in a stills camera, but as with digital v. film that will eventually be overcome and prove good enough. When that happens it does not make good manufacturing sense to continue to produce two different types of camera when one provides both functions, therefore provides larger manufacturing runs, meaning economies of scale and greater profits, plus perhaps cheaper purchase price?

As with all these things it never matters what the tiny few prefer and would like to buy, simply what the vast mass of camera buyers will purchase.  Minorities can often become too small for industry to cater for, as is becoming the case with the few film users who might like to buy a new film camera, even though most manufacturers have stopped making them because the market is now too small to be economic.