Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Ripley Vintage fair

I just disagree with foxes being killed for fashion

I have to agree with you in this day and age we should be more compassionate to  livestock

BUT you must remember to portray the 40's you have to have fur

These furs have been dead for over 70 years and there is no sign that they are promoting the killing of foxs today to wear as stoles

I do meet people wearing leather shoes or shoes glued with horse derived products and are not vegitarians that are appalled at the furs

It does smack of double standards and a not well thought out argument

I do try to educate them not to eat animals but they seem to think I am a loony

Thou shalt not wear a fox skin but thou shalt eat a mac donalds as they are only cows arnt they

I'm not a vegetarian, but I do disagree  with the inhumane way that some of them are kept or slaughtered.
Humans are carnivores the way some animals are and the leather used would be wasted if shoes weren't made from it.
Foxes aren't killed for food though and their furs are used as a status symbol.
Don't get me wrong, Your picture is really good and I can see why you got it.  I just think that people who wear them could buy good fakes these days instead.

Anyway, My intention wasn't to spoil you thread, It's my personal thoughts. I don't expect everyone else to feel the same.

By the way, I love the lady in the colourful dress shot, and the portrait one.

I just think that people who wear them could buy good fakes these days instead.

Not in 1940's style and if you could they would be expensive and cheaply made

Those who wish to have status from fur dont usually pick fox but then they normally dont have taste or style either just access to money

I look at it  a bit like ivory pre 47 okay post 47 not for sale legally (in this country)

We would no more buy 2013 fur than fly but in our search for original 40's clothing furs of that era are acceptable, as they were then

It still makes me sad that the animals were originally killed for fashion and slung around someone's neck. Even animals deserve dignity after death.
It's the morality of it as well as the cruelty, and even though fox hunting is banned it is still going on in this country.
There's nothing that we can do about the past as you said, the fur is very old, but we can do something about the humane treatment of animals in the future,

Too many animals are skinned alive, treated cruelly or kept in terrible conditions, especially on the fur farms. 
Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now.

A very nice set - I fully agree with Phil re the desaturation, it works brilliantly well.

Number 4 cheered me up no end - great to know the ancient pastime of ferret strangling is alive and well on the wrong side of the Pennines!

Korky

Archived