Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

DOH!..........Why didn't I think of that?

I like to think of myself as a lateral thinker who is usually determined to use any object or whatever resources are around at the time to solve practical problems or to save money.....which us how the ....FUJI FILTER as Annie likes to call it, came about.

You know that I have a project in hand to re photograph, then invert a huge collection of Glass Plate Negatives and Lantern Slides into a Digital Archive.

I began in earnest this week, by ordering museum quality gloves, acid free wrapping paper and cleaning materials.....my biggest spend was on a used JESSOPS Light Box via eBay ....it's great, just what I wanted.

Why the ...DOH! ....Of my title then?

Because I've just realised that my iPad with its super-bright white screen, makes a superb light box.....much brighter than the Jessops one.......

....... DOH!

FUJI

• Like 1

could you not just backlit a photoframe with white paper in it?   LED light gives a very crisp super light, I bought some GLS "bulbs" (they are called lamps in the trade) from a company called Bell lighting £6.50 each ...for future reference I could send one in the post to you :)

could you not just backlit a photoframe with white paper in it?   LED light gives a very crisp super light, I bought some GLS "bulbs" (they are called lamps in the trade) from a company called Bell lighting £6.50 each ...for future reference I could send one in the post to you :)

That is very kind of you Leon...........That too is a great idea, the light box and the iPad give a flat bright Daylight Glow, whereas a Daylight lamp would produce a central Hot-Spot....... But that is one great idea for anyone else, if nothing else is to hand: 

I have a pair of very bright LED Daylight photographic lamps here, they would work in the same way if safely lit underneath a sheet of white paper:

Great ideas...........I had forgotten that you were in the Lighting business:

Thanks again:

FUJI

Guest DaveW