Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Website host?

I think it's about time I built myself a website so people can see my Photography.

I need it to be easy to navigate and maybe a slideshow option, other than that i'm easy, it has to be free too, I dont mind buying a domain to park

any suggestions?

• Like 1

I think it's about time I built myself a website so people can see my Photography.

I need it to be easy to navigate and maybe a slideshow option, other than that i'm easy, it has to be free too, I dont mind buying a domain to park

any suggestions?

Look at mine and follow the link at the bottom

• Like 1

free hosting can be a problem as you can get ads you dont ask for, or poor service lots of down time, really slow servers. I can provide cheap hosting thats reliable but if you really just want some where to stick your images then there are some free sites out there but be careful there are a lot of sites that give you the basics for free then charge for every other thing you want. Others like greenweb hosting make it damn impossible to move your site elsewhere. Some sites I have seen make it really hard to upgrade to a better service or to move. 123reg charge for everything so the basic is cheap and then they rip you off. UK2 were like that when I used them. You need to think about the fact that if you buy hosting it will be empty space and wont have any software loaded on it to display your pictures, you will need to build your site

as geodar has said wix.com is free, but they do put their ads on your site so ok for private work no good for a company. I dont know how much storage or bandwidth they give you for free as the site doesn't seem to tell you

• 1 year later...

I went down the lazy route and had mine designed by a web designer...even that was not straightforward, it took 6 weeks and 2 attempts (he usually has them up and running in 2 weeks) but mine was the 1st actual photo sales site he had made and loads different to his usual e-commerce sites. But it was a one off bargain price, and he only charges me £100 per year to host it and he is always there with advice and/or solutions to any problems I might have with it. I also got unlimited email addresses and unlimited bandwidth and he created a Facebook page for me too, as well as advising me on how to increase the page ranking in Google searches etc. I bought the domain name a good 8 months before the site. 

one point worth noting is some free websites, such as Wix, will not let you use your own domain name unless you upgrade to a pay account.

You should also understand basic SEO and how search engines work to gain traffic - no point in having a web site no-one can see/ find

Edited by colinb

I had some free web space with Ntl world and built a small website, but I took it off intending to build a better one and it never got put back.

At the time I used some free software that was on a disc my nephew sent me and then I bought a Serif Website builder and instruction books. You can built from scratch or with Templates.
I keep promising myself to have another go but I will have to be in the mood for it.
Have a look to see if you have any free web space with your ISP.
I will have to get round to checking if I still have some on Virgin. 

if it's good enough for the Pro's??

I've used them in the passed and found it very effective and simple to use. You need to be aware however that their method of receiving payments is not yet available in the UK.

lol, I started a blog, think I managed 2 posts...with NO words....

then you are looking to post an exhibit

thing is if you only posted 2 pictures I'm not sure you need anything more than flickr as even a basic web site will need time, effort and input to make it work?

just had a look at both redbubble and my space links - so what is wrong with rebubble?

Edited by colinb

you might be better just purchasing a domain name and pointing it at redbubble if they permit that 

leonwall.co.uk = £6.00 for 2 years or go .com for a little more.

I have a couple of domain names which I point to flickr  http://www.cyb.me.uk  most the selling I do is local and this works for me.

Edited by colinb