Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

For the Birdwatchers (Webcam on Nottingham University Roof)

I hope so. I usually watch the Australian Eagle cams and my bird owning friend passed this link on to me.

Here's what he said when I asked hiim about their survival in this weather.

"It looks dramatic, but she has been a great and successful parent over many years with a very attentive male. I don't think she is brooding yet; possibly awaiting another egg."

Guest DaveW

I'm about 4 miles away from them and on even higher ground than Nottingham, so much higher up than they are and it is cold here at the moment with what's left of the snow taking a long time melting. Spring is a little late this year!  It's a case of survival of the fittest since bad winters are natures way of thinning out the weaklings of the bird population.

• 1 month later...

I saw a chick this morning and it was being when tucked under to keep it warm

It's amazing to share a little of their lives with them, isn't it?

Tina... thank you for posting the link to the Peregrines, I have visited the site several times every day since, I will continue to do so until the chicks hopefully fledge sometime in June.

There is another hatchling, by the looks of it. Mum just wriggling around and shuffling the chics under her.

Tina.. you beat me to it, I was just about to say the same.

It's interesting that birds lay their eggs at intervals over a few days and don't starting sitting on them until they have finished laying, that way they all hatch about the same time. These three chicks have all hatched in less than 24 hours. It will be interesting to see which one becomes dominant, that usually happens with raptors, the weakest usually gets eaten by the strongest... but not always.

I hope they all make it. Some one was talking about more snow this morning while we were on the bus. I hope not and these three get a good chance of surviving.

I didn't see it last year but the rain was so bad that only one chick made it.

I'll be very surprised if all three survive, as I said before a pecking order usually developes, I am certain one was getting more food than the other even when there were only two chicks... we will know in a couple of days. 

If the weather is half decent in the morning I'm going to go to Symonds Yat near Ross-on-Wye, Peregrine Falcon nest on Yat Rock every year. I've no reason to think they won't be there this spring, it will be a binoculars/telescope viewing as it's not possible to get near enough for photographs unfortunately. I'll take my telescope just in case the RSPB guys are not there, I hope they are as they have much better telescopes than me.