Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Wells Cathedral and Bishop's Palace

17 minutes ago, Black Pearl said:

Thats second shot is an absolute beauty. I love the feel you've achieved with the processing and the long exposure really adds to the shots look.

Thank you very much :12_slight_smile:

I'm really pleased with that one myself, it came together really nicely particularly since when I took it I was a bit "hmmm..." about it.

Well done1

Both of these have the .....Classic.....look of being produced by an old wooden ....`Glass-Plate camera ....

Many of you know that, a few years ago, I digitally made positives from my huge collection of glass-plate negatives, with very similar results....if I can find one I will post it for comparison.

FUJI

1 hour ago, FUJI said:

Many of you know that, a few years ago, I digitally made positives from my huge collection of glass-plate negatives, with very similar results....if I can find one I will post it for comparison.

Thank you very much all, that's the exact feeling I was going for and it's wholly gratifying to know I achieved it!

I'm looking forward to seeing these Fuji!! :3_grin:

I don't have the Worcester Cathedral one on my iPad, but here are two of my favourites, both shot with a wooden half-plate camera circa 1900-1910....

I have nearly 200 glass negatives and around 400 glass Magic-Lantern slides from the same turn of the century family...... the quality of most is amazing.

If you set up your digital camera to do long exposures you should get similar results.....if you study both of these examples, you can tell that the photographer has asked his subjects to stand perfectly still for the exposure time......there are obvious signs of movement in a couple of the figures, and the leaves of trees are never still.

perhaps you could get a perso, or persons to stand still for you for 90 seconds? .......it will be good to see the results.

FUJI 

2013-09-05 09.41.57.jpg

2013-08-28 11.30.32.jpg

I love these Fuji, that 1st one in particular actually *because* of the movement; the mother has turned her face from the camera to her child.

I have experimented previously with the idea, for myself, and it's something I'd definitely want to play around with more. This is an (unrelated) shot I took a while ago, that I've always quite liked. The subject matter is very different as is the mood and so forth but I was nevertheless quite pleased - (though not as much as with the 2 I posted above!!)

hg2Y1D5.png

A great effort!

More please!

Back to that family.......look closely, and you will see that it is the doorway of the village shop......there is a sign reading.....Licensed to sell Tobacco.....above the door, it wasn't until I printed the positive that I spotted that.

FUJI

1 hour ago, FUJI said:

Back to that family.......look closely, and you will see that it is the doorway of the village shop......there is a sign reading.....Licensed to sell Tobacco.....above the door, it wasn't until I printed the positive that I spotted that.

Oh yeah!

I hadn't seen that before...

7 minutes ago, kev7d said:

Curiosity has me wondering why choose 10 and 15 second exposures for the 2 images in the original post?   

A fair question.

Because I have found that exposures of 10\15 seconds, with the filter on max and in bright sunlight give me the best results in terms of what I am looking for as the end result. That's basically it.

Archived