Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A Cautionary Tale

FUJI

On Sunday, I did a repair on a wooden Victorian Pushchair for a local museum, after the glue had set I decided to spray the worm eaten frame.

After perhaps half a minute I noticed that the finger pressing the aerosol was feeling cold, I just thought it was the nature of the spray, or just the continual pressure making my fingertip numb, so carried on.

Just afterwards and since my fingertip has been tingly and numb, and hurts when pressed ( its my iPad finger:-( .....apparently prolonged spraying of an aerosol can give you freeze burns commonly known as Frostbite.....quite serious in fact.........We live and learn, even at my age.

Apparently, it is known by some teenagers who burn each other or themselves at parties, using sprays.

Should you feel your finger going numb when using an aerosol, stop and put a glove on or use a small protective pad.

FUJI

I have felt my finger going numb when using a spray can and had to stop for a while, but not as bad as you have had.

I think it may affect us oldies more as our circulation isn't as good as it used to be.
I prefer the cans that have the lid that you can press down instead of a button but they aren't on all cans. are they?

Edited by NannyFerret

Its the propellant, a mixture usually of propane and butane (highly flammable) , that is causing the problem. Try pressing the button in short bursts instead of just holding down. We sometimes get this complaint from operators who use our aerosol products..

Edited by Terry

Where is the museum in Kenilworth, Fuji?

The Abbey Barn Museum in the Abbey Fields, it is open only on Sundays and Bank Holidays and is manned by volunteers from the town's Archaeology and History Society.

I used to be a committee member and volunteered for quite a few summers.....the Barn contains quite a few of my metal detecting finds plus other items......it is a great way to pend an hour or so on a damp summer Sunday.

FUJI

P.S. My fingertip has a large painful blister on it now......it is not only my iPad digit it is my shutter depressor too :-(

I'm sure you will be able to take pics Nanny....... I will try to find you an informative link:

Corn Plaster?......The burn is litterally  most of my fingertip, the exact spot where I press not only Aerosols but Camera shutters and door bells....it hurts like mad....I won't ever do that again:

FUJI

Thanks. I think I would enjoy that. Can you take pics in the museum?
Can you get one of those toe cushions like a thick felt corn plaster without the cream to take the pressure off it until it heals. I think Scholl do them and you can get them in the chemist.

I have had a read and it looks an interesting place to go.

I couldn't see anywhere that said whether or not inside photography was allowed, but if I can do it without flash then I guess it would be OK. 
Not a problem as it will be good to see the old exhibits anyway, but it's nice to get a pic or two to look back on and remind you what you have seen.