Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Goldcrest.

JohnP

I had a really nice walk in the woods near where I live this morning, I saw Great Spotted Woodpeckers, Buzzards, Fieldfares, Coal Tits, Long Tailed Tits, a Marsh Tit, Carrion Crows, Ravens and plenty of the more usual birds. I even heard a Tawny Owl, it must have been disturbed by something when sleeping... a Squirrel maybe as they are nocturnal. Recently I've been seeing Goldcrests and that is one bird I've never managed to get a single shot of until today. I'm very disappointed with the shots I did get, I took loads and I just could not get what I wanted, these birds don't ever stop moving. Has anyone else on the forum taken good shots of them, if so how the heck did you manage it? These shots are the best, so you can imagine how bad the rest were.

post-19-0-39529300-1363271436.jpg

post-19-0-59435000-1363271460.jpg

Considering their size and constant movement I don't think you've done bad with these. I haven't seen one of them for years. 

Thanks Terry. I'm determined to do better, I've seen them in small numbers in two woods near me. I stood trying to get shots for about an hour and it was really cold so I had to move on back home as I'd walked about 4.5 miles before I spotted this bird and still had over a mile to get home. Maybe next time I'll just head for the same spot and skip the longer walk.

The problem is they are Britains smallest bird, even smaller than a Wren. They weigh about the same as a 20 pence coin and as I said before they are always moving. Trying to get a photo is extremely hard (for me anyway), I was using 24x zoom, it's like trying to follow a tiny moving bird with a telescope... :wallbash:

i am gonna get brave and go sit in one of them big boys hides............!

Have you seen those camaflaged ones that open out into a seat and hid in one?

I don't think I would sit in the middle of the woods etc. on my own. Someonee might want to rob me of my camera :wacko:

Have you seen those camaflaged ones that open out into a seat and hid in one?

I don't think I would sit in the middle of the woods etc. on my own. Someonee might want to rob me of my camera :wacko:

The only problem with portable hides is it's best to erect them and leave the birds and animals to become used to them for a day or two which is not practical unless you own the ground. When they film for nature programs they usually erect those small portable hides in advance, I'm not saying it wouldn't work just erecting one for a few hours to take some shots, the chances of it working would be less likely.

Archived