Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Ebay

I'm having to deal with an EBay item (Sony A58 body ) sold 9 days ago. It was posted 1st class. The buyer says it has not arrived. I am away from home until New Year so cannot use tracking. The other two items posted at the same time have arrived at the buyers' houses. 

Has anyone had similar issues ? Are anecdotal stories of items posted being recycled at car boot sales based on known facts.? Is it now realistic to accept that the parcel has disappeared for good ?

I have another Sony body, an A580, and a  Zeiss  Vario 16-80 lens to sell and because camera shops offer poor pix prices I am likely to do better on an auction site. Can anyone advise a good alternative to EBay and the most reliable way to send the items to buyers?

Jeff

Hi, Jeff,

Ive been with eBay since it's infancy, during all that time `I have only had three relatively minor problems, all dealt with very quickly by the sellers concerned and another in which I used the official eBay dispute process.....this is your best action.

Open an official discussion between your buyer, eBay and yourself to go through all the issues around...

The sale, the carrier used for delivery, whether signed for or not, plus anything at all that concerns you, thus way, no matter what the outcome, you will know that you have gone through all the right processes to put things right.

Most times there is an innocent explanation which can soon be resolved .....but; should there be serious issues eBay will do its utmost to correct things and to investigate, for its own good name.

Whether selling or buying, I always check out the other party by going through their feedback files.....I always register or insist on signed-for packages with tracking.....there are many rogues around so all thus is essential.

So sad thus has happened......a phone call or a live message to eBay is the way to go.

I wish you well.

FUJI

1 hour ago, ChrisLumix said:

Unfortunately, eBay are totally on the side of buyers, not sellers. I would always send Tracked/Signed For so there can't be any dispute. However, best of luck trying to get it resolved, hopefully it isn't  someone "trying it on", and it's just Xmas rush.

Seems from replies that EBay is the preferred option.

I am away from home for two weeks and did not bring my tracker ref.

I have refunded the payment and will pursue the matter in the New Year and anyhow my understanding is that the Post Office will do nothing until 15 days after posting.

And my understanding is that EBay will always support buyers rather than sellers so I can expect no support from them.

My intention was to get an alternative to EBay but there seems to be no real alternative.

Thanks everyone for replies

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/12/2016 at 14:49, Phil said:

As FUJI says, tracked, signed for, insured, it's the only way to go with eBay, you just never know.

Hope your current issue is sorted swiftly.

A postscript.

Royal Mail tried to deliver but the buyer refused to accept delivery, then proceeded to lie that he had not received the item.

Tracking information confirms the above.

Apologies to Royal Mail.

The cheating buyer still has his 100% positive rating despite my complaint to EBay. It seems EBay are not interested in weeding out bad buyers and reducing their fees.

And I am still waiting for my Sony A58 to be returned grrrrrrr.

Jeff