Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A breezy evening at Eigg

chorleyjeff

This is a very pleasing image to me Jeff.  I really like the subtle colours and the reflection of the low sun on the water is really nice. The rocks add interest and balances the image to my eyes. If you crop the bottom I personally think it loses its quality. 

11 hours ago, chorleyjeff said:

Maybe crop the gold at the bottom to satisfy the club judge sensibilities.

???? The gold at the bottom balances the gold at the top. If you do crop surely it will bring the dark rock into the bottom right pulling the eye?  Either way I do like the soft silky feel to the waves.:thumbup:

Absolutely do not crop the bottom off this image ... At least least not for me ... Agree  with Kev and Colin  . ... For me it makes a huge difference to the image ... Without it .... It is unbalanced and as Colin said, the eye is drawn out to the bottom right rocks .... The light at the bottom feels like the water rolling in on the tide and the eye lifts back up almost ready for the next wave to come in ... As one does when watching waves . Lovely image  as it is ...don't spoil it ... Course  it's just another opinion ... But same as t'other two :lol:

On 27/11/2016 at 10:38, kev7d said:

Coming back for another look Jeff as I think it is really nice. Another observation, is the horizon slightly off the horizontal?

I thought it was OK when I processed in LR. But perhaps needs revisiting.

The matted and framed print looks OK but that depends on how it was mounted.

On 27/11/2016 at 21:11, THELONGMAN said:

Lovely picture Jeff, so good to see seascape with a bit of charictor thats not a creamy washed out,

Geoff

That opens a can of worms !  Some people like pin sharp, some like foggy water and some like in between. I think it is horses for courses.

I imagine  from the angle of the sun on the sea it would have been pretty difficult getting more sky in unless it had crept  behind some cloud cover ... Then of course you' d have lost that beautiful light on the water...   Personally I  love that you have used such an unusual ratio of sky  to water...   But  it's just my opinion... ... ;):santa:

Archived