Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

MUSIC TO MY EARS

FUJI

Hi, folks........As you all know I am the Methuselah of this happy forum, ancient as the hills but not down and out.....Yet!

MUSIC? ......Not photography is my subject here....Why?...because I know that BP and Phil especially like to don the headphones for some head bashing or to listen to some fairly recent offering.

Now, as for me, I feel very privileged because as a child of the 1930s my grandparents and their contemporaries were Victorians or Edwardians, all in at the birth of recorded music on wax cylinders....shellac records or discs then lasted until the late 1940s....almost every home had a wind up gramophone and a few precious records.............but...our greatest pleasure was to listen to the Wireless ( RADIO) the sound quality wasn't as good as we are currently used to nor was it in stereo but as good as it got.

I will never forget listening to the first stereo LPs and 45s played on huge Stereograms and the early Wurlitzer Juke Boxes it was a revelation .....FUJI was in at the birth of Rock-n-Roll and Hi-fi.....ever since then I have had an extremely eclectic taste in music, there is very little that I don't like.

Over the years I have dabbled in Hi-Fi right through to my iPad and my amazing Mini-X speakers......Can I make a plea then? I realised the other day that most of you have never listened to anything popular that doesn't have a drum or drums taking the lead or singers using no digital enhancement.

Recently I discovered... Radio Dismuke...on Internet radio, it plays no stop music recorded during the 1920s 30s and 40s......when instrumental skills were tops but recording methods restricted by the technology of the day.....but this amazing radio station plays digitally remastered music from amazing Trad Jazz to the quirky syncopated rhythms of those times.....Please go there.....like me, you will hate some of the singing, but will be totally bowled over by the sheer skill and enthusiasm of the musicians and music not spoilt by an intruding monotonous beat.

So, pour yourself a large glass of something, put your feet up, tune in to Radio Dismuke, close your eyes and your biased thoughts on what music should be......then just listen, don't give up, just give time fir your ears to adjust to that distinctive sound....I find it easy, but you will need time.....ENJOY!

Come, on.....I listen to your bang up to date stuff and like quite a lot of it.....there was music before the drums took over......Have a listen then let me have feedback.

Just like photography, music has history.

Educating FUJI

Thanks BP......I was expecting that link to open ;-)

When you think about it....we still enjoy classical and folk music from centuries ago....why?....because it strikes a chord in us, especially as nowadays it is recorded, then played on the finest equipment........popular music is like photography, transitional, and every search through very old photographs brings up a few very real gems, amongst the mediocre and dross.

Tune in to ....RADIO DISMUKE.......give it time......adjust your acceptance levels.....listen....and....learn.

This may help?

http://youtu.be/zTQ1A7YT1pQ

TOODLELOO!

FUJI

My dad had a lovely walnut finished Masters Voice gramaphone and many old 78s which he kept safely in the box room, to be fetched down and played for entertainment under his supervision.

I will certainly go there when I can sit quiet with my headphones on, if only to see if I can find some of these old memorable songs that meant so much to me  and my siblings so many years ago.

Thanks for the link.

Edited by NannyFerret