Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

HUP !!!!!!

FUJI

I plucked the courage and was determined to eradicate my demons about re-visiting Coventry after being thrown out of the City Centre almost two years ago; when three Jobsworth's of security guards asked me to leave because I was using a proper camera.

I think most of you know the story?

Anyhows I returned for three or more hours of Street Photography, plus enjoying a good lunch of Scampi plus a glass of white in our favourite Bistro there.

This is just one f the sights captured:

FUJI

HUP!!!!! 2 mono.jpg

Just look at the concentration on his face!

Did you know that they are supposed to be uncovering the river so it runs partly through the town.

They were digging a deep crater just opposite the motor museum, and I'm wondering if that's the start of the project.

should make for some interesting pics when it's finished.

I like that fuji, only been to the football ground for some training once a few years ago, and past it on the train every day for years! It is a town I have never even thought of visiting, I think it maybe that manky cathedral thingy they have that puts me off. I am looking forward to seeing some more of your shots from your day there.

Thank you all......I am about to process the ten keepers from circa 87 Street Shots taken yesterday

They will be processed in the way that most of you liked in the past, no experimenting.....because the sun was super-bright on the City Streets  yesterday, contrast was extremely strong. Using CS6 to convert to mono, lift the shadows, then use Curves on layers a tiny bit at a time to take full advantage of tonal values.....then a final targeted sharpen.

Street Photography isn't an exact science, incredibly quick responses are required, no time for faffing about.....I was chatting to my wife about other things,when my photographer's eye became aware of the youth on the bike, this is the first of the two Wheelies he pulled. It was literally a case of....Point and Shoot, or, miss the moment, I was on manual setting because of the super-bright conditions, I had to flick back to A Priority, as I ventured into shady areas or in the covered market.

BillE......The new Coventry Cathedral is a wonder of Post War Architecture........if you have never visited or been inside, how can you say it is manky ?

Im sure that many Liverpudlians would take offence  if I called either of their amazing Catheral's manky ........ What we all make of any  Art, Art, Architecture, Photography, Sculpture or any creative process is a matter of personal taste.

Interesting this, because the main exhibition in the City Art Gallery currently, are the six contemporary tapestries by, cross-dressing, baby doll Artist,  Grayson Perry, a character whom I had no time for previously. But the sheer detail and creativity in the tapestries need to be seen to be appreciated, even my totally none Arty wife was enthralled, by these truly amazing textiles. Google the images of them to see......... like Marmite it's love or hate on first sight.......I never thought I would buy a book on the tapestries created by this controversial man? ....... But I did.

Nanny Ferret, or anyone interested, the exhibition is well worth visiting, in Gallery 1.

FUJI

3 hours ago, BillE said:

I like that fuji, only been to the football ground for some training once a few years ago, and past it on the train every day for years! It is a town I have never even thought of visiting, I think it maybe that manky cathedral thingy they have that puts me off. I am looking forward to seeing some more of your shots from your day there.

Billie, I love the old cathedral ruins, and you would get some lovely shots of this.

I think there is a£5 charge to take photo's in the new cathedral, but the huge stained glass window and other windows and objects are well worth going in.

Archived