Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

MOTHER and CHILD

FUJI

I spotted this busy mum working on a laptop as she held her baby and tried to enjoy her coffee, multitasking at it's best.  would have liked to include the whole scene but the place was heaving at the time.

The lady very graciously agreed to let me take a couple of frames...all done extremely quickly.

FUJI

MOTHER AND BABY  Costa mono full.jpg

17 minutes ago, Judy said:

That is one of your best, Fuji. You got it all there :)

It makes me want to cry for some reason.

Thank you Judy.

Your emotional response is a reward indeed.........I don't know why, but I could see the potential in an instant....in fact I was very impolite to the person I had been drinking coffee with, I stayed behind as he was going down stairs.

The lady seemed to be very special, she had been totally absorbed at her open laptop, coffee going cold, her infant gurgling happily on her knee.....I just HAD to request permission, it was given immediately and graciously with that lovely genuine smile.

looking at the shot critically, it would have been better if the baby was looking at me too.....but beggars can't be choosers.

FUJI

19 minutes ago, FUJI said:

looking at the shot critically, it would have been better if the baby was looking at me too.....but beggars can't be choosers.

No. Absolutely not. That would have begun to look like a posed shot. The fact the kid is looking elsewhere adds a dimension to the shot, makes the viewer start to wonder, ask questions. The shot is absolutely perfect as it is, and I agree - one of your best.

I thank you all.....looking at it again, the mono treatment gives it the look of the work of Dorothea Lange.........her haunting photographs of families during the Great Depression in the USA, have a similar but very much sadder content.....but that same tired motherly look is there..

'Try Googling Dorothea Lange to see what I mean.

It wasn't until Judy revealed her emotional response that I realised that it might have subconsciously welled up from that source?

FUJI

Archived