Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

INSIDE AND OUT

FUJI

The Hibiscus on my window sill decided to give us great pleasure by blooming as snow and temperatures dropped wildly just outside; what triggers this amazing plant into blooming baffles me....I am told that they can do it at any time of year when the conditions are right.

As far as I know, that is to keep them in the light, not overwatered and fairly warm......They tell you when they want water because their leaves begin to fold upwards along the centre:

Here you see deep inside, taken through my SONY 2.8/100 Macro Lens.

The other shot was taken against the white of the snow outside, thereby creating a ...High-Key result, with a tad of help from CS3 and my usual brushes and layers processing:

Best viewed LARGE......Click on Pic:

FUJI

post-4-0-37489900-1359105546_thumb.jpg

post-4-0-48617100-1359105560_thumb.jpg

Thanks folks.......but....but....this old duffer has been totally embarrassed by posting the High-Key shot.....why?

My Costa Coffee drinking friend has pointed out that the flower has a record infestation of ......GREENFLY.....zoom in, and you will see what I mean..

When I showed him a high quality print he thought it highly amusing.......on reaching home and taking a much closer look .....the plant is indeed suffering from a massive infestation of the little green bu** ers............but not any more, because the dying bloom and part of the stalk are now lying outside on the snow.....and the little green sap suckers won't like that.

I have checked the remainder of the plant....a few remain....once I find a suitable atomiser I will spray it with soupy water....they don't like that.

Apparently Hibiscus need watching very closely for greenfly even indoors in winter....as I have discovered......I am so pleased that none of you noticed.......SO embarrassing.

On a positive note......I too am pleased with the High-Key treatment and detail....and in the Macro shot of the inside bits and bobs.

No Gardner me?

FUJI

Was that the little tiny things on the edges of the petals? I never thought it could be greenfly.

Yes Nanny......I've had a very rough count and there at least 400 of the damned things.........I am so ashamed that I didn't spot them before I posted, especially after spending at least fifteen minutes processing it.

I've just had new eyes too :-(

FUJI

Archived