Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A job lot ...

Clicker

I'd been  commissioned to do  a dozen  digital images for canvas  for a client   for their  home abroad and they wanted a series of related bold  abstracts ... this is one of them .....  All were developed from a single photograph ... They wont be everyone's cup of tea  but  hey ... ...  I thought I'd share .... My remit was  based on  colours mostly  so I had a very  broad base to start with regarding form and shape ...

. .56eb4adf64848_potspaintedmuted01s.jpg.e5 

Polly I'm not sure about the backward slant top left to bottom right and wonder if you flipped the image it may be easier on the eye- or will this be balance by a opposite image next to it? 

But well done on the commission and this looks like an interesting image to start with.

Each canvas is for a particular place Colin... And reflects some of the angles of the architecture and are nearly all on off white walls.. This one in particular is in a position where  it  has a complementary angle of a staircase  adjacent to it ...  Some are in sets of three so cannot be viewed in isolation .. I have done a whole series based on one photo which I will put up when I get off the iPad ... And when this site gets sorted ...  Poor Phil must be tearing his hair out !!!    Thanks for the input ... A valid point  and hence my explanation ... The canvases are on average 1x0.75  metres ... 

I like this a lot Polly, I don't know where your client is going to be living abroad and it doesn't really matter. For some reason when I first saw it, I thought South Africa, why..? I don't know but that is what came to mind.

Ron

Sorry ... only just managed to get  back to this .. I  understand  where  you're coming from Ron ... Looks a bit like a tribal shield shape ...with grasses  ... I can see the  link .. here is a set of three. 

triptych 3.jpg

Thanks   for the positive  vibes on this Colin and Brian ... Yes Brian ..these threebig ones are for a large expanse of wall adjacent to a  northfacing set of 3 windows that looks out  onto  a terrace covered with terracotta pots and magenta  bourganvilla with the  ocean about 70 yards away. .

Ah thanks  for that Judy .. ..I appreciate  these are not everyone's cup of tea and colours and shapes can be  very subjective and  being viewed in a different space can give a very different  vibe to them .It's been an  interesting project anyway ...and  I hope it  may  give some folk a few  ideas  on what can be derived  from a basic image of shapes if they are interested in this aspect of image making. ..Most of all  it should be  fun and feed the creative appetite in all of us to a greater or lesser degree...so to that end I hope  it encourages people to   experiment.

Archived