Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

BROADBAND HELP ADVICE REQUIRED PLEASE

FUJI

I was with Virgin ( ntl world) from thevery beginning, and it wasn't too bad at first, then my internet went to crawling and they said that the only way around it was to have the faster package and the new Super hub.

That didn't solve the problem and nothing else did, so as soon as my son installed the satellite dish for Johns TV, I finished with them.

I have spoken to other Virgin original customers around here and none of them were happy about the service that they recieved and have since changed their isp.

The man almost opposite to us had a lot of trouble too, and most times that the engineers came out to check mine, he had also rang them to come out.

The engineers found corrodd wires in the box up the road and fixed that, but  reasonable service didn't last more than a few days at most.

we were one of the first areas to have cable, so maybe they needed to do some updating on the original cables, and also to provide people with a decent hub at the same time.

They were ringing me up a lot during my months notice o ask me what they could do to put it right, but I told them that I was fed up with the many quick fixes they tried and it was just too late.

I am happy with Sky at the moment, so will just see how it goes.

They do seem to listen to their customers, which is good.

On 3 February 2016 at 06:59, colinb said:

meanwhile back at Talk Talk.... I was very worried when they not only took over PIPex but also when TalkTalk paid to install super fast broadband system in the local exchange because BT would not finance it. And since then we have found TT to be very good, no connection problems, cheaper than BT (taking both phone and broadband) yes the customer service could be better but BT was appalling I once had to speak to 10 different people over 4 months to get a simple problem sorted - never again - for now at least we will stay with TT.

Yes - I've been stuck with TalkTalk ever since they took over Tiscali where I was before. 

I've found that GENERALLY the performance and reliability has been good, apart from a slight tendency to 'throttle' speed during evening peak times (but now I'm on fibre that's not an issue). 

The GOOD: they phone you (from South Africa?) every year and ask if you're ok and would you like a better deal? I've found you can haggle with them up to a point, and usually end up with a good deal even though it ties you to yet another 12 month contract. And though communicating with the technical support team (in India) can be frustrating if things do go wrong, they will usually get things sorted out.

The BAD: their website, which obviously includes webmail should you need to check it, is worse than awful. It's horrendous. Poorly designed, crammed with adverts, very slow to load, counter intuitive to navigate. Probably the worst website I've had the misfortune to encounter outside of football streaming sites (cough cough).

16 hours ago, ChrisLumix said:

The BAD: their website, which obviously includes webmail should you need to check it, is worse than awful. It's horrendous. Poorly designed, crammed with adverts, very slow to load, counter intuitive to navigate. Probably the worst website I've had the misfortune to encounter outside of football streaming sites (cough cough).

Not sure why your stuck with TT - surely you can move to anther provider if you wanted too?

As for their web site yes it certainly could be a lot better, although I think Lincolnshire Echo is terrible for pop-ups and crap around the edge of the screen.

On 2/5/2016 at 08:45, colinb said:

Not sure why your stuck with TT - surely you can move to anther provider if you wanted too?

As for their web site yes it certainly could be a lot better, although I think Lincolnshire Echo is terrible for pop-ups and crap around the edge of the screen.

Sorry Colin, the Reply Quote system is right up the creek and no mistake. I can't quote your reply.

All I wanted to say was that I perhaps used the wrong words. I meant 'stuck with' in the sense they weren't my original choice, they took over the company I was with. They haven't been too bad to be honest. Apart from their website - which I CAN and DO avoid like the plague - they're ok I've found.

No wonder I'm happy to leave Talk Talk........ I have attempted three times to get them to improveor repair my service....I keep on getting a dropped signal.

Three times I've attempted to contact them....on the fourth I did, but got some lass in India, who gave me assurance that my router and connection were good.

I was transferred to them from AOL, since then I have tried without success to change my password....every time I request this, they don't reply...Zilch!

Seems very strange...that as soon as they get wind of me leaving I get a first class letter next morning pleading with me to stay....NO WAY! 

FUJI

11 hours ago, FUJI said:

No wonder I'm happy to leave Talk Talk........ I have attempted three times to get them to improveor repair my service....I keep on getting a dropped signal.

Three times I've attempted to contact them....on the fourth I did, but got some lass in India, who gave me assurance that my router and connection were good.

I was transferred to them from AOL, since then I have tried without success to change my password....every time I request this, they don't reply...Zilch!

Seems very strange...that as soon as they get wind of me leaving I get a first class letter next morning pleading with me to stay....NO WAY! 

FUJI

Fuji - how old is your router? if more than 5 years old this could be the reason for poor service.

Which password?  Router is set by the manufacturer and I don't think they can be changed, account password you can change yourself via the web site/my account. But good luck with BT.

17 minutes ago, colinb said:

Fuji - how old is your router? if more than 5 years old this could be the reason for poor service.

Which password?  Router is set by the manufacturer and I don't think they can be changed, account password you can change yourself via the web site/my account. But good luck with BT.

Hi, Colin.......

'I was assured by a TT rep in India that my router was viable with up to date firmware, and that my BB service had been checked as OK....I even had Outreach out. To no avail.

not my router password.....but that for my TT account......no matter how I tried, I couldn't get into....My Account......not because I forgot my existing AOL one, but because, even after receiving letters from TT confirming my transfer from AOL....each and every time I requested a PW reset they promised an email ....none ever arrived, in any of my email accounts or spam files.

I look forward to receiving the services that I am paying for..

FUJI

• Like 1
6 hours ago, FUJI said:

not my router password.....but that for my TT account......no matter how I tried, I couldn't get into....My Account......not because I forgot my existing AOL one, but because, even after receiving letters from TT confirming my transfer from AOL....each and every time I requested a PW reset they promised an email ....none ever arrived, in any of my email accounts or spam files.

I look forward to receiving the services that I am paying for..

That is very odd. When TT took over Tiscali, I kept all my tiscali email addresses (still have 'em) and never had to change my passwords. However, you can change the password yourself on their website.

12 hours ago, ChrisLumix said:

When TT took over Tiscali, we continued to use the Tiscali website for a few years until TT knocked it on the head. They obviously treated AOL customers differently.

We still continue to use @pipex.co.uk. as our email address, the Pipex web site stayed active for a year or two mainly so you could access web mail, which we now do via TT web page. We did have to add an extra 4 digits to our original pipes password after TT took over. 

We have received at least 3 'improved' routers at no cost over the last 6 years, first time after I enquired about why my broadband speed seem to have slowed - not a problem now.

On 8 February 2016 at 07:27, FUJI said:

Nothing I do can quote your post Colin. All i get is a previously edited post from a few days ago that I backed out of and didn't commit. I've even tried multi-quote but that doesn't work in this topic either. It's a bug in the system. 

I just wanted to say that I can still use my tiscali email addresses more than 10 years on. The website is TT now, but the addresses are still the same. :yes Yes, I got a few routers out of them, but currently on their fibre optic system which required a new router even though the wiring from the phone socket didn't change.

• 2 weeks later...

Dumped TalkTalk today and decided to go with Sky for our Broadband/Phone/TV and iD (via CPW) for Angela's and Dylan's mobile.

We looked at BT and Sky online trying to compare packages and ended up cross-eyed and going round in circles so with some figure saved to the iPhone we headed into town and accosted the Sky blokes. They had some discount codes you can't get online so we've got a good deal with plenty of TV channels. The kids will be able to watch Sky via their tablets and laptops which is cool and the Sky app lets me control the box thingy away from home. Sky do everything so its just a case of waiting for the bits to turn up and TT will be gone - thank the lord. The iD sim only deals are excellent - 250mins, 5000 texts 1GB of data for £5 per month on a rolling 1 month contract. 

Have to say I have been with Sky for everything since I dumped TT in 2008  I have found them really reliable and  brilliant when it comes to customer service ... I suppose one can only speak as one finds ... but  unless they suddenly start  giving me problems I'll stick with them ...  Being dependable is worth a lot ...I think you've made a good choice BP..  ;)

Well done BP............my BT Infinity package should kick in on the 26th , the router will be delivered by courier just before.

My current TT service, remains as usual......on and off.....repeated all through the day and evening....being online is just pot luck.

FUJI