Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

first Wedding Party

Leon

I agreed to do a wedding after party (they got married abroad) I was being paid by my friend Jenny who was a Bridesmaid.
things didn't really go that well, arranged to meet the bride half an hour before the do started at 7.30 PM. she didn't turn up for about 40 minutes, yes I know a bride's prerogative, the plan was to get some shots of her in the room before the rest of the guests turned up, the room must have cost a fortune to decorate!
she didn't plan on going into the room till they cut the cake and have the first dance. the DJ was very helpful keeping me in the loop for the photo's, the problem was the bride didn't want to cut the cake till the lady that made it was there to witness the cutting.... another hour later.... 
I felt really awkward, I'm not a shy person, tried my hardest to mingle so I could get shots of the guests having fun, trouble is people seemed to prefer the dreaded "Mobile picture"
so I'm walking round kind of butting in with people taking shots on hones, strange feeling.... 

am I just being a soft ass or is this how wedding receptions are these days?

I know I'm no wedding togger, I only agreed to do it for my friend Jenny.

I think you were very rudely treated Leon. If you've been asked to do a professional job, the very least they could do is meet with you to get some idea of how THEIR occasion could produce some memorable pictures for THEM. If it wasn't a friend of yours I'd be very tempted to say that you weren't able to meet expectations as they hadn't given you any.

remember the Portraits I did of the baby and toddler the other week, on the Green settee......

she's asked if I want to do her brothers WEDDING next year!!... the togger they had booked has cancelled and give the deposit back....

oh and thanks for all the kind comments, I'll post a couple of cake cutting pictures later :)

I agreed to do a wedding after party (they got married abroad) I was being paid by my friend Jenny who was a Bridesmaid.
things didn't really go that well, arranged to meet the bride half an hour before the do started at 7.30 PM. she didn't turn up for about 40 minutes, yes I know a bride's prerogative, the plan was to get some shots of her in the room before the rest of the guests turned up, the room must have cost a fortune to decorate!
she didn't plan on going into the room till they cut the cake and have the first dance. the DJ was very helpful keeping me in the loop for the photo's, the problem was the bride didn't want to cut the cake till the lady that made it was there to witness the cutting.... another hour later.... 
I felt really awkward, I'm not a shy person, tried my hardest to mingle so I could get shots of the guests having fun, trouble is people seemed to prefer the dreaded "Mobile picture"
so I'm walking round kind of butting in with people taking shots on hones, strange feeling.... 

am I just being a soft ass or is this how wedding receptions are these days?

I know I'm no wedding togger, I only agreed to do it for my friend Jenny.

If I was a guest I would be unhappy the host wasn't there to greet me/us, even unhappier having to wait for someone who made a cake to bother to turn up before the host made an appearance and then may feel like taking it all out on 'some guy' with a camera.

I agree 100% with Chris but would ask if you let Jenny organise it with the bride rather than taking control  yourself and contacting the bride a few days before? it might have made no difference but at least it shows you are trying to achieve good results. Hopefully the next one will be better but me... I will not touch a wedding.

If I was a guest I would be unhappy the host wasn't there to greet me/us, even unhappier having to wait for someone who made a cake to bother to turn up before the host made an appearance and then may feel like taking it all out on 'some guy' with a camera.

I agree 100% with Chris but would ask if you let Jenny organise it with the bride rather than taking control  yourself and contacting the bride a few days before? it might have made no difference but at least it shows you are trying to achieve good results. Hopefully the next one will be better but me... I will not touch a wedding.

oh she did greet people in the little tiny bar between the foyer and the function room..... never mind least I had the experience. :) 

• Like 1