Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Canvas or Print?

I"m looking to get at least one of these as a canvas print to sell on, but I'm not 100% sure which one or even to go for a mounted print rather than canvas

I prefer the top picture but I think the prop blur or lack of spoils it a little.

PLESE NOTE I HAVE REMOVED PREVIOUS EDIITS

Edited by colinb
  • Like 1

Top one is my preference though I'd work the clouds further to make it more dramatic - think off all the painting you see of WW2 bombers and they have very dramatic skies.
I would also think of your possible audience who are likely to be of the older persuasion and so prefer a traditionally framed print over a more modern stretched canvas -unless - you get it as a board mounted canvas and frame that.

• Like 1

The first for me too, there is sufficient prop blur for it not to be an issue.

As a personal preference, I'm not a massive lover of the processed versions.

Phil if you mean the sepia/bw version I agree although I have pulled the saturation back on the coloured shots.

Top one is my preference though I'd work the clouds further to make it more dramatic - think off all the painting you see of WW2 bombers and they have very dramatic skies.
I would also think of your possible audience who are likely to be of the older persuasion and so prefer a traditionally framed print over a more modern stretched canvas -unless - you get it as a board mounted canvas and frame that.

BP - I think you are right about the print which is why I have doubts about canvas, although rather than a frame I may use a card mount to keep cost down.

and thanks all for the replies

Which Lancaster  is that Colin ... Is It the City of Lincoln  that  stopped flying this summer ?.Hubby would love that as a print .. he went one Lancaster B VII NX611 "Just Jane"at East Kirkby  as it taxied down the runway, two years ago as  a birthday treat. I'd be interested in buying a  large print from you ....

• 1 month later...

Just thought I would update this.... Following  my seeing this thread I got in touch with Colin and ordered 4 large 12" x 16"  prints  of  some of his aircraft images that he has posted on the forum.. I received them yesterday and I have to say I  am thrilled to bits with them . I am getting them mounted and framed  and will be surprising  my other half with them  the day after the chap in the red suit pops in ....so a big thank you Colin  for  some quality prints. Excellent  job . Thank  you :yes

• Like 1
On 12 November 2015 at 18:45:11, WereBo said:

@CoIinb - I suspect you could make a few bob selling them to the aircrew, evem more if used for publicity ;)

Sound idea Werebo but many of the aircrew take some wonderful pictures in places Jo Public aren't permitted :cry: