Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

There's something about the sand and the sea ...

Clicker

The British people  are the inventors of the seaside holiday ... It all started in earnest when Bank Holidays were invented in the 1870s and  thousands of people flocked to the coast on trains . Those who lived the furthest inland  working in Industrial conditions that  compromised their health  would  arrange  Works days out  when possible and taking the air was often considered a remedy  for  respiratory diseases and  depression .Is there some truth in it ...I suspect there is. The sound of the sea  soothes and de stresses..., the Victorians more or less invented  the concept of Leisure time  with four Bank Holidays a year and the seaside itself was more or less free  for everybody. I live about as far away from the coast  as anyone can in Britain ,,,about 75 miles  but  there is something so special about going to the seaside  that still works it's magic ...no matter how old one is ....

broadhaven_beach01_ed3_muted_SM.thumb.jp

Being on the coast line is a great tonic.

I am enjoying this view. The colours are really good. The reflections in the wet sand really catch my eye. I think the band of really nice cloud along the horizon makes the shot. The whites in that layer of cloud look great. The cloud at the top of frame being much closer add some depth to the image.  A really pleasing image to my eyes.

Thanks Kev ...I had to  reduce the hue of the colours from the original as they were really bright  and the sky was  such a vibrant blue  it actually looked  almost unreal for our climate  .!!

I was worried for the 4x4 and the trailer on the wet sand in the distance when I was editing it mind you:ermm: .( see  zoom ).. not sure I could see it when I took the photo!!  :lol:

broadhaven_beach01_ed4_x4.thumb.jpg.d7d4

Love lonely seascapes  

It reminded me of this 

I must go down to the sea again,
to the lonely sea and the sky;
I left my shoes and socks there -
I wonder if they're dry?

:lol::lol:He was a one off wasn't he ?

Was it him who had his tombstone inscribed ..." I told you I was ill":lol:

I do sometimes yearn to live closer to the Pembrokeshire coast where this was taken ... (Broadhaven)...so that  I could photograph it more ...  I do quietly envy  those who live close enough to be able to venture on to an unpeopled  beach at the crack of dawn. It has a certain lure  I agree.

:lol::lol:He was a one off wasn't he ?

Was it him who had his tombstone inscribed ..." I told you I was ill":lol:

I do sometimes yearn to live closer to the Pembrokeshire coast where this was taken ... (Broadhaven)...so that  I could photograph it more ...  I do quietly envy  those who live close enough to be able to venture on to an unpeopled  beach at the crack of dawn. It has a certain lure  I agree.

Yes that was him 

What isnt mention is that is in Gaelic on his tomb stone 
I quite like the one tributed to Oscar Wilde  "Either those curtains go or I do"

See what I mean ... there's both of you getting nostalgic ...reminiscing... Something about the sea  takes you back  often to childhood ......As I said ,,,there's something about the sea....:lol:

I love  the sea  ... however I have a real phobia about drowning  so  you wont catch me on a boat ... unless I can see land at all times and I've had a tranquiliser !!  (  Or three or four GnTs) and I have two lifejackets ( just in case ..)

I love  the sea  ... however I have a real phobia about drowning  so  you wont catch me on a boat ... unless I can see land at all times and I've had a tranquiliser !!  (  Or three or four GnTs) and I have two lifejackets ( just in case ..)

Learn to swim!

:lol::omg:

I can barely look Kev... ..

i can swim Chris ...it's a fear of being trapped inside a boat as it sinks .... When I first learned to drive in the seventies I had the same fear when driving near water or even those big deep dykes alongside the roads in parts of  Lincolnshire.  Irrational I know .. But that's what a "phobia" is ...innit?

i bet you don't even get seasick do ya Judy? :lol:

I can barely look Kev... ..

i can swim Chris ...it's a fear of being trapped inside a boat as it sinks .... When I first learned to drive in the seventies I had the same fear when driving near water or even those big deep dykes alongside the roads in parts of  Lincolnshire.  Irrational I know .. But that's what a "phobia" is ...innit?

i bet you don't even get seasick do ya Judy? :lol:

Big Dykes frighten me as well 

All those tattoos and overalls with ruler pockets ugh Ive come all over in goose bumps 

Right .... I'm calling time on this thread before someone gets into trouble ... Kevin ... You're in charge of that big boat ...steer this back on course before Cap'n Phil makes us walk the plank for going ... Off topic:lol:

Archived