Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Do we really need The Best Of The Best

I was clearing out the hard drive the other day when I came across the image below, it was taken 5 years ago with my then very entry level Canon 450D.
The image and crops are straight from camera with no PS adjustments at all. What struck me is the clarity, distinct lack of noise (although at ISO 200 I don't suppose there would be any), but mainly the sharpness of the image.
I suppose what I'm saying is, no matter what your budget you can get stunning results with virtually any level of camera.

Full size

Full.thumb.jpg.fb325eabf3a94f0f32f286a6b

100% crop

100.thumb.jpg.85a3c37e1d1fa92c44346049d3

400% crop

400.thumb.jpg.046379073a4ff27a28e8073948

• Like 1

The camera manufacturers have a vested interest in selling us stuff and I think that alone explains why we're made to think we need to get better and better and better kit. The very term 'entry level' is one dreamed up by the manufacturers to give us the immediate idea that the camera we've just bought is merely a starter and an upgrade is inevitable.

For me, the real photographers are the ones who are creative and experimental, not the ones with the biggest sensors and the most expensive glass.

On this very forum we have someone (I forget his name) who produces some brilliantly creative photography with an iPhone. I rest my case, M'Lud.

Korky

• Like 1

I have to agree that you can get some pretty amazing photos without paying top premiums. As mentioned by Korky a phones camera is enough for some pretty fantastic photos!

Unless you wish to make a big hard copy then good glass and a few pixies help heaps 

• Like 1

I could not agree more Phil and of course it also depends on the viewing distance of the print and if you are one of these that has to press his nose up to the print or alway view them on a screen at 100% then your more likely a gear geek than someone appreciates images, after all no one views bill board poster from a few feet and they usaully put them where you can only view them from the correct distance.;)

For example this was taken with a 3.2 Mp Kodak zoom compact and when the original would break up viewed at 100% but as a 12x8 mounted print it won me first place in the advanced section of my then camera club.

original.jpg

Edited by craftysnapper
  • Like 2