Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Great Yarmouth gems

pdcpic

out of curiosity,.. what do you guys do not like about no1? 

It's not that I don't like it - it's very nearly there I think. Were you trying for a kind of sandwich - sky and foreground with buildings between? The slight flaws I see are :

1. lack of perfect symmetry - i.e. the wideangle distortion on one side is not quite equal to the other side, and the central path is not quite central?
  2. the flagpole does intrude on that ambition, where in a non-symmetrical shot it wouldn't 
  3. the watermark intrudes horribly in this shot

In this particular shot I think I WOULD have corrected the verticals and I certainly would have either not used a watermark, or would have reduced and re-sited it. But it's not far off I'd say :)

It's not that I don't like it - it's very nearly there I think. Were you trying for a kind of sandwich - sky and foreground with buildings between? The slight flaws I see are :

1. lack of perfect symmetry - i.e. the wideangle distortion on one side is not quite equal to the other side, and the central path is not quite central?
  2. the flagpole does intrude on that ambition, where in a non-symmetrical shot it wouldn't 
  3. the watermark intrudes horribly in this shot

In this particular shot I think I WOULD have corrected the verticals and I certainly would have either not used a watermark, or would have reduced and re-sited it. But it's not far off I'd say :)

1. I kind of saw that,.. but was not sure. thanks
2. should I clone it away?
3. agree,.. i did not use the right WM preset

Thank you 

This is a very quick and 'dirty' edit (didn't even attempt to touch the watermark!) - I think the flagpole should stay, as it now provides the asymmetrical touch that makes the picture. Just a pity some of the buildings on either side have been lost, but with correcting verticals that's inevitable.

5585947034187_pds_yarmouth.thumb.jpg.e6b

This is a very quick and 'dirty' edit (didn't even attempt to touch the watermark!) - I think the flagpole should stay, as it now provides the asymmetrical touch that makes the picture. Just a pity some of the buildings on either side have been lost, but with correcting verticals that's inevitable.

5585947034187_pds_yarmouth.thumb.jpg.e6b

I saw online once that the new PS CC, had vertcal line correction with the click of a button,.. I lost the article,.. is that how you did it? 

I saw online once that the new PS CC, had vertcal line correction with the click of a button,.. I lost the article,.. is that how you did it? 

You need this tool then you click on something you know is horizontal or vertical and drag mouse to the other end of the object - hope it answers part of the question :) 

With the buildings above you need to use the Transform tool which you'll find in the Edit menu - there are all sorts of options and Distort is a fairly good choice for photographs of that nature.  Drag corners up, down, left, right and see what happens!  Just have a play and try the other tools too - they're really clever.  And Cntrl+Alt+Z for undoing a step or several times for several steps.

Teacher.thumb.jpg.8172093aa6cb335911e1c0

You need this tool then you click on something you know is horizontal or vertical and drag mouse to the other end of the object - hope it answers part of the question :) 

With the buildings above you need to use the Transform tool which you'll find in the Edit menu - there are all sorts of options and Distort is a fairly good choice for photographs of that nature.  Drag corners up, down, left, right and see what happens!  Just have a play and try the other tools too - they're really clever.  And Cntrl+Alt+Z for undoing a step or several times for several steps.

Yes, that's how I did it - increased Canvas Size then selected your image and used Transform to drag the corners out and up until the verticals were correct (using View>Grid made that a lot easier). Less than 5 minutes in all.

Archived