Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Goole

Phil

My sister-in-law wants a print for a work colleague that's leaving the area, it has to be an iconic image to remind her of Goole. I appreciate many of you (except possibly Fuzzy and Kev) won't be familiar with Goole but it's infamous for its water towers known as the Salt & Pepper Pots, dock cranes, the Parish Church and the railway line that splits the town into 2 and grinds the place to a halt for 20 minutes every time a train enters the station!

I had imagined it would be easy to get a skyline shot that would portray all the above, but I hadn't banked on it being late spring with all the trees in full leaf.
Anyway, this shot is currently favourite but I'll be venturing out again later today.

11.thumb.jpg.7dd7efbd0bcd22ca6fb1b6ef435

I've never been to Goole.

​Most people go round it 

Must be hard, other than photo shopping  to find a view with them all in Phil 

I can think of a couple of places that have the condiments in but the railway as well that severely limits the choice

Colouring gives it that nostalgic look 

​Most people go round it 

​They do indeed. Unless you were actually coming to Goole there would be no reason to visit, the only through road doesn't actually lead anywhere :)

This is proving more difficult than I thought it would be when I agreed to take the shot, I need height which is non existent in our area.

15.thumb.jpg.d839a62376547fa31ac4f83c9b2

​They do indeed. Unless you were actually coming to Goole there would be no reason to visit, the only through road doesn't actually lead anywhere :)

This is proving more difficult than I thought it would be when I agreed to take the shot, I need height which is non existent in our area.

​Your first shot was excellent - it may not be 'representative' of Goole, but it is a really good picture.

​Your first shot was excellent - it may not be 'representative' of Goole, but it is a really good picture.

​Oh it is representative of Goole other than tom puddings, Boothferry bridge and the clock tower there isnt a lot more thats memorable 

The outdoor market that was lit by oil and parrafin lamps in the winter up to 7 oclock at night  and spilled right out towards the clock tower is now part of the road widening and shoved out of sight in the old coal yard 

It held various characters, all now gone, Polish joe that sold second hand tools Antonio White that sold hand made yellow ice cream with ice crystals in it during the summer and chestnuts during the winter, his competition was Kemps ice cream up market but still head and shoulders above Mr Whippy The guy that growled at you near the entrance if he caught you reading the comics 

To have lived there holds the draw to return occasionally but as a sight seer I reckon you would be dissapointed 

been a while but yes I've visited Goole, they cleared up that massive rubbish dump near the water tower yet?

anyway...

Top pic - sorry Phil but the view isn't great and the train suggests leaving Goole is the better option ??

I too would suggest a montage a montage of the church, pepper-pot and maybe a couple of local pubs they might have spent time in or some of where they work?

sorry Phil but the view isn't great and the train suggests leaving Goole is the better option ??

​No need to apologise, I had the same feeling. In the half hour I was stood there, 3 trains left Goole but not a single one entered, that about sums the place up really :)

Archived