Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

LOTS of Flowers

Had an afternoon out at Wellington Hall.

It has beautiful gardens all year round so decided to try and capture some of the flowers on display.
These have a common theme of sorts (mostly pinkish) and used the 50-200mm to isolate the heads with a narrow DoF and gave the the files a 'pop' in Lightroom to add drama.

Click on images for sharpest viewing...

Rough_Smooth.thumb.jpg.35cee7feecb6b5c09

Pink_Flower_Head.thumb.jpg.c48cddc498ddb

Three_Pink_Flowers.thumb.jpg.9286ab1e1de

Fuchia.thumb.jpg.c3a3d45d7b0b413d0c3e6de

Big_Pink_Flowers.thumb.jpg.a0197adb21ea2

Yellow_Peach_Flowers.thumb.jpg.a760a2076

Dunno - think the forum compresses the files to load them faster and make the page quicker to navigate - they snap sharper when the load full screen and I think fully load.

Wallington is a superb place to visit - one of our favourites. 

The forum does indeed compress the files in order to create thumbnails, unless the posted image is smaller than the current thumbnail setting which is 1050px.
In this instance BP's posted images are 1200px wide, the forum then creates a thumbnail at 1050px to display them, only showing full size and uncompressed once clicked.
Colour is also where an image suffers from the compression, BP's final image is a prime example.

This is the only issue I have with the larger thumbnails, seeing them at 1050px members won't bother clicking the image and therefore are not seeing the image as the poster intended. I was happy to leave them at 600px but came under pressure to increase the size.

Thanks.

I know these are all of a similar colour but the gardens are full of varied and fantastic blooms. The house was closed for a private wedding when we went so we had a good walk around the grounds, along the river and through the formal gardens - wish we'f taken a pic-nic as the weather was crackin'

Archived