Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Lightroom CC help needed, please

Having taken 1500+ pictures at the VW Sprint day today, for the first time I've decided to use Stacks in LR CC. 

Is there any way of naming the Stacks?  (There are no faces in the pictures, mainly cars hooning around the track)

TIA

Thanks, BP.  Sadly it didn't say.

I had googled to look but I couldn't find anything about it, so I'm guessing that it is not possible to name the stacks.

It is possible to colour tag the pictures, which would have made it easier, but there are only half a dozen colours and there were 28 cars running, so that didn't help.

I know it is possible to tag the pics, but that would still mean going through each one individually and typing in its tags. eg Golf Mk1 black, Golf Mik1 red, Corrado, Avant, etc.

it would have been nice (and quicker) to drag each car into its own stack, then go through and quickly delete the non-keepers (lots of the shots of each car were similar, but as I was panning at high speed, some were sharper than others).

Maybe I should make a suggestion to Adobe.

But thanks for trying  :-)

Here's another tutorial on the subject (better than Adobe's!) but again, there's no mention of naming stacks:

http://www.tipsquirrel.com/working-with-image-stacks-in-lightroom/

However, there seems to be a way you can rate them? If that uses the 5-star method, then you have 6 colours times 5 ratings = 30 separate 'names'. Not ideal though.

• Like 1

Why not use collection sets then just drag them to the appropriate set. You can then delete them when sorted and tagged if you want.

Picture0001.jpg

Edited by craftysnapper
  • Like 1

Thanks, Chris and Crafty  :-)

I don't like LR at all, but sometimes - such as with this number of pics to sort through - it's a necessary evil.  I tend to find out about bits of it as I need them and whilst I knew of collections, I hadn't really looked into using them.  Guess what I'll be doing next?  ;-)

Really appreciate your help  :-)

Well - sorted it in the end.

I used collections with colour labelling.  Had to colour label each pic as I added it to each collection, then set a filter on the whole catalogue to remove it once I had selected a pic for the collection.

Took me a while to work it out but I got there in the end.

What took a lot of time was that - unlike my mate with his 400mm lens - I was using a 70mm lens, and when it came to viewing the pics to decide whcih were keepers, I had to crop them all first, so I could see which car was which. (there were lots of similar cars/colours).  This - and most of my other pics - was probably cropped to about 10% of the original picture.  Good job I now have a full-frame/24mp, as I think my D300/12mp would have struggled.

But at least I know next time how to sort them out quickly instead of all the muddling through I had to do this time  :-) 

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction  :-)

3-Prawn-CurbyMay15-1851.jpg

• Like 1