Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Compact Upgrade

I've been looking at this camera myself, if I can sell my FZ100 I might get one. I'm puzzled as to why some sellers list it as the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ60EB-K and others Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ60. Would the latter be an earlier version?

​No, it's just the full name (to distinguish it from the silver model, as someone already pointed out). If there was a picture with the listing the seller would only need to say "TZ60".

​Anyone thinking of getting a bridge camera, would be pleased with the FZ100, John.

​I'm sure that's true, but do bear in mind that the FZ100 was the first in that particular line and has since been superseded by the FZ150 then the FZ200. The FZ200 is especially worth looking at, as it maintains a full aperture of f2.8 throughout the zoom range.

​I'm sure that's true, but do bear in mind that the FZ100 was the first in that particular line and has since been superseded by the FZ150 then the FZ200. The FZ200 is especially worth looking at, as it maintains a full aperture of f2.8 throughout the zoom range.

For many people who are on a budget, Chris.

When I sold my FZ30 (much older than the models that you mentioned) it was still taking excellent pictures, and I think youu will find that tths was the firstt model, Chris, superseded by the FZ 45. Perhapps BP can confirm this if it's correct.

When looking through older photographs on the pc, i had to check the exif to see which Fz I had used.

Although the F30 was less MPs the quality of the shots was equal to that of the newer model. The Macro setting on both of my older Panasonics saved a lot of bending as did the swivel screeen.I think Panasonic is a good reliable camera anyway, whatever model, past or present.

Edited by NannyFerret
  • Like 1

For many people who are on a budget, Chris.

When I sold my FZ30 (much older than the models that you mentioned) it was still taking excellent pictures, and I think youu will find that tths was the firstt model, Chris, superseded by the FZ 45. Perhapps BP can confirm this if it's correct.

When looking through older photographs on the pc, i had to check the exif to see which Fz I had used.

Although the F30 was less MPs the quality of the shots was equal to that of the newer model. The Macro setting on both of my older Panasonics saved a lot of bending as did the swivel screeen.I think Panasonic is a good reliable camera anyway, whatever model, past or present.

​I take your point about budgets Tina (though I'm sure a second hand FZ200 is available for a good price?).

The FZ100 WAS the first in its particular line. Don't forget there have been many 'lines' in the FZ series. I don't know which was the first but it was almost certainly FZ followed by a single digit.

The FZ30 was part of an early line that had a larger sensor and different types of controls - the FZ50 and FZ70 are both part of that same series.

Then there was the series that included the FZ18, FZ28, FZ38 (where I jumped on board), and FZ47. They were differentiated by having a separate series of modes and types of control, and a greater zoom range but also with a smaller sensor.

Then you had the FZ100 followed by its siblings I mentioned above. They used a CMOS sensor for the first time, and were quite an update technologically speaking.

Finally you have the FZ1000 which is a much larger sensor but also a much larger size.

About the only thing the different series of FZ have in common is that they all have a DSLR form factor (unlike the TZ) and a long zoom range (unlike the LX).

• Like 1

You would be surprised Tina! It's not as heavy as you might think, a friend has lent me a TZ60 for a few days to try and I just put it and my TZ3 on my kitchen scales. The TZ3 weighs 263 grams and the TZ60 weighs 243 grams.

I'm very impressed with the quality and range of options on such a tiny little camera -  :)

Of course I was only playing with it and taking it through its paces so that I could show him how to use it :lol:

Can I see you buying another for yourself or will you be"borrowing" your hubby's a lot? Lol

I am over the moon with mine. It has such a lot of scope and not to hard to find my way around, although the more I use it, the more I will rememder which button/ring does what.

Collecting mine from Currys this afternoon :yes:yes:yes

I know I have a smart phone but I hate the touch screen, most of the time I can't see what is on the screen, it is so sensitive I end up with more blury photos of my feet than anything else. With this I will be in control ;) and can pop it in my pocket whatever the weather

• Like 1

My original idea was to sell my Panasonic FZ100, I got this camera to take with me on my trip to the Amazon & the Andes in 2011. I didn't want to be weighed down with lenses so I took my DSLR (Canon 400D at that time) and one 17-40mm lens for landscapes, I used the FZ100 for everything else. Since then the FZ100 has had little use. I have an elderly Panasonic TZ3 which I've been thinking about replacing with a TZ60, I was going to put any money I got for the FZ100 towards a TZ60. I have today been trying out a TZ60 which a friend kindly lent to me, while I was reasonable impressed with the TZ60 it didn't make me want to tear off and buy one, I just didn't seem to gel with it somehow. I have therefore decided to keep the TZ3 as my pocket camera for now and try and make some use of the FZ100. My main camera is my Canon 60D and I really like it even though it's quite heavy on my long walks.

Judy... I'm not saying it's a bad camera, it just isn't for me. Compared to my elderly TZ3 the overall build quality doesn't compare, there is little plastic on the TZ3 and the all metal body feels good in the hand. Considering the TZ3 is only 7.2 megapixels I couldn't really say the images produced by the TZ60 are hugely better. I admit there are far more controls on the TZ60 but that doesn't matter to me, I only want a compact camera for when it's not convenient to be carrying my Canon DSLR. The viewfinder on the TZ60 is disappointing made more so by the fact I had to adjust the diopter wheel all the way to it's stop and still things were blurred, I realise that will not be the case for everyone. The MENU/SET] button / Cursor button / Control dial are all too small for my fingers and made of plastic, these are all metal on my TZ3 and easier to use... at least for me anyway. On the TZ60 I Didn't like the flash being directly under the shutter button as it seemed too easy to get a finger in the way, that's probably just a matter of getting used to, the flash on my TZ3 is offset slightly away from the shutter button. For someone who doesn't have or want to carry a DSLR the TZ60 with all it's features is probably just the ticket, for me I can't see much to be gained and I'll hang on to my TZ3 for a bit longer and give my FZ100 an outing now and again.

Judy... I'm not saying it's a bad camera, it just isn't for me. Compared to my elderly TZ3 the overall build quality doesn't compare, there is little plastic on the TZ3 and the all metal body feels good in the hand. Considering the TZ3 is only 7.2 megapixels I couldn't really say the images produced by the TZ60 are hugely better. I admit there are far more controls on the TZ60 but that doesn't matter to me, I only want a compact camera for when it's not convenient to be carrying my Canon DSLR. The viewfinder on the TZ60 is disappointing made more so by the fact I had to adjust the diopter wheel all the way to it's stop and still things were blurred, I realise that will not be the case for everyone. The MENU/SET] button / Cursor button / Control dial are all too small for my fingers and made of plastic, these are all metal on my TZ3 and easier to use... at least for me anyway. On the TZ60 I Didn't like the flash being directly under the shutter button as it seemed too easy to get a finger in the way, that's probably just a matter of getting used to, the flash on my TZ3 is offset slightly away from the shutter button. For someone who doesn't have or want to carry a DSLR the TZ60 with all it's features is probably just the ticket, for me I can't see much to be gained and I'll hang on to my TZ3 for a bit longer and give my FZ100 an outing now and again.

​That's a well observed critique. For me, the direct dials and controls on the LX100 make photography so easy compared to the 'small fiddly controls' of the average FZ, plus the large sensor, fast lens and metal build, that for me it's a no brainer, even though the reach is rather limited. So I can well understand your frustrations with the TZ60.

• Like 1

I must admit that I am having to remind myself to keep my finger out of the way of the flash, but as it's a lot all crammed into a small camera, I can accept that.
I have small hands so find the dials quite easy, but I can understand that it must be difficult for a man with biggish hands, although the friend who helped me decide get on very well with his.

My main reason for upgrading my Olympus compact was to have more scope in a small camera for my holidays ect. and the TZ60 fulfils all my hopes so far.
I have my FZ100 bridge and DSLR cameras to use, so at least I have a choice of which I use for different occasions.
I don't blame you for hanging on to your FZ100 John. They are brilliant little cameras.

There's no point in buying a compact if it isn't 100% the one that you will be happy with.

• Like 1

Collecting mine from Currys this afternoon :yes:yes:yes

I know I have a smart phone but I hate the touch screen, most of the time I can't see what is on the screen, it is so sensitive I end up with more blury photos of my feet than anything else. With this I will be in control ;) and can pop it in my pocket whatever the weather

​I only have a screen on my Olympus, Barbara. I took that and my Nikon bridge on holiday last year and I struggles to see either of them in the bright  light.
I feel so much better now I have a view finder other than on my bigger camera's.
I like the GPS on it too.

I've been looking at this camera myself, if I can sell my FZ100 I might get one. I'm puzzled as to why some sellers list it as the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ60EB-K and others Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ60. Would the latter be an earlier version?

​Just had this come through on one of my Amazon emails.

It seems that the model with the K at the end is 12 mps  where the EB is 18mps, so if anyone is thinking of buyiong one, double check to make sure which is which.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70EB-K Compact Digital Camera - Black (12 MP, 30x Optical Zoom, LEICA DC Vario Lens) 3-Inch LCD

The spare battery and charger have just arrived so hisself is well kitted out - what a lucky bloke  (I've got smaller fingers than him mind)  :lol:

Is that a bit of lateral thinking there, Judy? lol

​Mine has just arrived from Ebay for me to pick up at Argos, so that will probably be Friday as we are going somewhere with my daughter tomorrow.
I have charged the spare battery in the camera, and then keep that as a spare while just topping up the one that is left in the camera.
I could do this for a short while,  but wouldn't want to keep messing about changing batteries to be charged in the camera long term..

Edited by NannyFerret

​Just had this come through on one of my Amazon emails.

It seems that the model with the K at the end is 12 mps  where the EB is 18mps, so if anyone is thinking of buyiong one, double check to make sure which is which.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70EB-K Compact Digital Camera - Black (12 MP, 30x Optical Zoom, LEICA DC Vario Lens) 3-Inch LCD

​Not quite - EB-K is the full suffix of a black Lumix camera, while EB-S simply means it's silver. You wouldn't get a 12MP and 18MP variant of one particular model.

I have the black model, Chris, and there was no S  or K on the end. I've just checked on the box.

​I know. It's really confusing, isn't it! My camera doesn't list the full suffix either, except perhaps somewhere out of the way like next to the barcode. But go onto Amazon or eBay and sometimes you see the full name, sometimes you just see the shortened name that most people know it by. 

Congratulations gang.......this must be one of the longest threads for ages ;-)

Panasonic rules!

FUJI

Lol. Fuji.

It just goes to show how different the descriptions are for the same camera with the same specifications though.

As Chris said, it can  be very confusing, especially if someone without experience of camera's didn' t scrutinise the specifications before buying off the internet or buying from the high street.

When I bought my little Nikon bridge from Argos, none of the assistants couldn't answer any questions that I had about the camera so I was glad I had done most of my homework on it in advance.

In some other shops the sales person often rattles of about a camera so fast and the poor customer can hardly take it in.

I have also found that Argos and other big stores sometimes stock a camera under the same model name but with a different letter or number after it.

I gather that these are manufactured just for the big stores to sell at a lower price,  but not with quite  the same specs.

I spend a long time looking at the same model on different sites and have noticed the differences.

Edited by NannyFerret