Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Langdale Pikes

Martyn

For those of you who thought I'd disappeared; I've been reading the forum on my phone 'cos my computer crashed. I've had it in bits a few times and for now it's working so time to post another image.

I recently walked from Grasmere up to Stickle Tarn in the lake district. Despite the guide getting us hopelessly lost I managed to get some half decent pics. We were so lost I actually asked a passer by if I could photograph her map so we could navigate back to our original path. This is the second time I have been put at risk by this group of walkers; I don't think I'll be walking with them again any time in the future.

15806098247_c267767f3f_b.jpg

A walk leader who gets lost and hasn't got a map - Now that would worry me too!

Korky

Well he did have a map and a guide book. Our next waymark was to spot Stickle Tarn in the distance on our left (we weren't actually going to the Tarn) but it appeared on our right. We had walked right off his map. We then headed to what he said was Belles Knot on the way to Easdale Tarn to get back into Grasmere, but it turned out to be Sargeant Man. What was supposed to be a six mile walk to Blea Rig turned into a 12 mile fiasco with some very unhappy walkers. Needless to say, the tea shop was closed by the time we got back so we had to got to the pub.

I had a little play with your image and came up with some extra drama .. you'll probably hate it!

I prefer your version Chris! I have the power to crop an image and make a few basic edits, but anything more and I end up with an egg timer or an error message. Some days even trying to run Google Chrome sends the cpu resource monitor to max   :wallbash:

I'm gonna built myself a new computer but we need to get christmas out of the way first.

Thanks guys. For reference Martyn, it wasn't a difficult edit:

1. Used magnetic lasso to divide the image in two along the line of the foreground scarp, feather selection 1 pixel, then copy the selection to new layer

2. Used Levels to darken the sky and background hills layer

3. Used Levels to brighten the foreground layer and give illusion of sun

4. Finally, flattened image and saved 

About 10 minutes work! But it needed your superb original to work on of course..

Archived