Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Blowing in the wind

Ok had a play around at a group shoot yesterday...Still struggling with how to pose the model never mind how to process the end result lol...any advice gratefully received :)

Group-shoot-160A.jpg

did a Mono version too....what I will add at this point is I had to de saturate as the model was rather orange and actually described by other models as the Tango model lol

Group-shoot-160AB.jpg

I know about as much portrait photography as I do about quantum physics - which is to say none... but I'd like to see the mono more contrasty, but that could just be me. Not very useful, sorry..

Ok Mitch I apologise in advance but I'm going to be honest which I hope is what you want, just bear in mind it is just my opinion.

1-the lighting is fine for that type of shot.

2- the body pose is fine.

3-Some may have a problem with cutting part of the hand off, I don't as long as cropping is not on a limb joint you avoid the amputation look or comment or you should if people know what they are on about.

4-the facial expression is unflattering did you ask her to close her eyes and look as if the wind was annoying her? :)

5- try and avoid the nose crossing the far cheek line unless doing a true profile shot it rarely looks good.

6-I would have asked her to adjust her bra strap so it was out of sight as it looks untidy.

7-processing could be a little bit better but you have done a decent job there.

I know about as much portrait photography as I do about quantum physics - which is to say none... but I'd like to see the mono more contrasty, but that could just be me. Not very useful, sorry..

​I know just what you mean Ryewolf lol

Ok Mitch I apologise in advance but I'm going to be honest which I hope is what you want, just bear in mind it is just my opinion.

1-the lighting is fine for that type of shot.

2- the body pose is fine.

3-Some may have a problem with cutting part of the hand off, I don't as long as cropping is not on a limb joint you avoid the amputation look or comment or you should if people know what they are on about.

4-the facial expression is unflattering did you ask her to close her eyes and look as if the wind was annoying her? :)

5- try and avoid the nose crossing the far cheek line unless doing a true profile shot it rarely looks good.

6-I would have asked her to adjust her bra strap so it was out of sight as it looks untidy.

7-processing could be a little bit better but you have done a decent job there.

​No need to apologise Paul and thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to give me your opinion, I might have another look thru the images and see if I have one with her eyes open, I don't think I have got one where the nose isn't crossing the far cheek..... Shooting bugs is so much easier LOL

​No need to apologise Paul and thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to give me your opinion, I might have another look thru the images and see if I have one with her eyes open, I don't think I have got one where the nose isn't crossing the far cheek..... Shooting bugs is so much easier LOL

​No problem Mitch, adding more contrast to the mono conversion does help to alleviate the look she has and make it more natural

I also cloned the bra strap out.:)

Group-shoot-160A.thumb.jpg.6a42b71b6b630

​No problem Mitch, adding more contrast to the mono conversion does help to alleviate the look she has and make it more natural

I also cloned the bra strap out.:)

Group-shoot-160A.thumb.jpg.6a42b71b6b630

​I like what you have done with this.... This is what I love about photography and sharing view points/opinions ..works much better without the Bra strap too... Been on a family shoot this morning so will try and put into practise what I have learnt from you when t comes to editing the images, will keep you posted lol

Archived