Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Crosby Beach

ChrisLumix

A few from over the years (a mix of digitised slides, scanned 35mm prints, and shots from a digicam).

This is a scan of a print of a slide, so the quality is not that:

post-677-0-27537900-1388317885.jpg

This is a scan of a colour print so not quite so poor:

post-677-0-75180400-1388317930.jpg

The next two are digicam shots, but compressed to upload:

post-677-0-96135100-1388317984.jpg

post-677-0-55130100-1388318009.jpg

The last one does it for me - OK, it could do with a bit more sky stuff, but the four figures traipsing along as if disappointed with the iron men are great.

Could they be four Scousers who feel that 'Another Place' is a right waste of bloody time and wish they'd watched the match on telly?

Korky

Heather - thanks, I'm now motivated to go into Photoshop and do something a bit complicated (not sure how yet!) to get rid of that line. I wouldn't crop it out though, I like the balance of the composition too much.

Korky - :lol: You might be right, though I'm not even watching today's debacle on MOTD2, it would be too dispiriting :( 
I might go into Photoshop, mask off the non-sky and see if I can bring out more detail.

Thanks Tina; it's part of the same series as the Iron Men with the wind turbines against the light that I posted many weeks (you've forgotten by now :D )

Great set Chris, I like the three figures in #3 (3rd one isn't human, some kind of buoy?) it takes your eye in a curve into the distance. Very well composed :)

Thanks David - yes, the furthest object is a buoy, the other two are Gormley men. Not a human being in sight which adds to the sense of desolation (for me).

Ahhhh now you're talking haha. Although I didn't know it was Gormley...I take it he was the artist? My general knowledge just increased a notch :)

The correct term is Gormley iron men statues

This is because they are a cast iron replica of the artists own body

Anthony Gormley has a thing about his own body I suspect

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=antony+gormley+sculptures&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=9vLBUr6FFor07AaRsoD4Bw&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=1440&bih=802

The correct term is Gormley iron men statues

This is because they are a cast iron replica of the artists own body

Anthony Gormley has a thing about his own body I suspect

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=antony+gormley+sculptures&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=9vLBUr6FFor07AaRsoD4Bw&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=1440&bih=802

Thanks for that fuzzy - someone once posted a link to Gormley's general work and it's pretty awesome. I'd post a link but it's getting late and still several topics to catch up with.

Aye, the angel is modeled on him too, from what I remember

Do like number 3, but there is something about the first one - be interested to see it without the reflection(?) although its sometimes things like that that make the shot

Aye, the angel is modeled on him too, from what I remember

Do like number 3, but there is something about the first one - be interested to see it without the reflection(?) although its sometimes things like that that make the shot

I'm going to see what I can do in CS2 though it won't be a simple job I don't think (not like cloning out a lamp-post!)

Gormley is now SIR Anthony Gormley in the NY Honours according to the news - though they featured a picture of his Angel of the North and not his Crosby Iron Men. 

Gormley is now SIR Anthony Gormley in the NY Honours according to the news - though they featured a picture of his Angel of the North and not his Crosby Iron Men. 

I would have to look on gold or drama for who were the rest  that were honoured

I mean Jessica Fletcher and Margo its like all our yesterdays

Archived