Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

LOCKDOWN TOWN - DOWN TOWN

FUJI

Now that ....Lockdown ....is being somewhat eased, and I feel a little more comfortable to be out and about with camera again; I am slowly recovering my eye for a shot.

Two big differences between my pre-lockdown style and now.... Then I always shot in RAW colour.... then; if I wanted monochrome I had to use Photoshop CS6 and Silver Efex... on layers to achieve the results I wanted.

Now, my approach, is totally different... as already stated, the LUMIX GX9 camera, has a special dedicated .... D- MONOCHROME-L ....setting, making it as close to a dedicated monochrome Leica Rangefinder camera costing many thousands of pounds.

look closely at these, on your large screens please, and you should see what I mean.... the dynamic range.... tonal values, and incredible detail are proof.... the only real difference being that  results from a full-frame Leica can be printed over a meter long .... I’m not sure what maximum size my prints would hold up.....perhaps BP or other member can enlighten me?.

For this set I used two of my vintage lenses, so focus set to a zone just shy of infinity.... this produces fantastic results across a large range of distances.

Study please the incredible detail of all the goods in our.....Open All-Hours....style hardware store....an Aladdin’s  cave of jumbled stock, overseen by proprietor Arthur and his ever cheerful assistant Frank... the shot is a crop too.

All of the other studies were shot...on the move.... that is the beauty of...zone focussing.... it is set, so no need to faff or for AF to hunt for focus.

both camera and vintage lenses a performing beyond my expectations .... the GX9 was a wonderful choice.

No apologies if I enthuse or ramble on... I have been, blown away.... by this camera/lens combination.

Feedback and observations encouraged and welcome....

FUJI

213B6286-D863-4BE2-9D41-F155EAC48442.jpeg

A666EC79-8196-4B98-A0D2-2DC8D1B34588.jpeg

2252E932-9474-4C28-995D-10FD2871E6BE.jpeg

819A3CE2-DF63-41C1-8A45-61C8BB0368A8.jpeg

F3BAACBD-3CCF-4461-A3B6-91951C3D5DE7.jpeg

Archived