Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Can anyone tel me what this is.

NannyFerret

I assume it's a troop carrier, but it would be good to know what kind of plane it is.

It was flying very low along the coat and lookeid huge.

I'm not very quick at focusing with the tiny optical viewfinder, so had to hold the camera up and shoot blind as I couldn't see the LCD in the bright light.

i was surprised that I even got it in the frame at all.

How is the brightness etc. as I did as little editing as possible as still using the ipad.

image_3.jpeg

It is a Hercules Tina, or 'herky-bird' as it is nicknamed. It has been a stalwart  for the RAF for cargo and troop movements, and is currently being withdrawn in favour of the C-17 Globemaster transport.

Thanks, Denis. I thought that you would have the answer.

It's nice to put a name to it.

If it's being withdrawn, then I am glad to have seen it close up before I got the shot.

I think I may have seen it a couple of times before a few years back while were were here in Barmouth, but never knrew the name of it.

The first time we saw it, I was on a caravan site and we could see the pilot.

A crowd of us were waving and he dipped his wing in salute to us.

It made one ladies day as she had always been interested in old aircraft.

There is an airbase a bit further along the coast from us and we sometimed see the fighter jets on a good day too.

6 hours ago, JHFoto said:

Too far away for positive ID

Hercs are unmistakable JH, the C-130J especially...and that is a J model. There are no other variants flying apart from the 24 aircraft with 24, 30 and 47 Squadrons from Brize Norton. 

3 hours ago, BillE said:

Looks like a herky, very cosy to travel in!

and LOUD  :)

Tina, you will see Hercs for a while yet, these last 24 have been uprated with all the bells and whistles required to keep them operational for a few years yet. Its the K models that have been withdrawn and currently being scrapped.

2 hours ago, Denis said:

Hercs are unmistakable JH, the C-130J especially...and that is a J model. There are no other variants flying apart from the 24 aircraft with 24, 30 and 47 Squadrons from Brize Norton. 

and LOUD  :)

Tina, you will see Hercs for a while yet, these last 24 have been uprated with all the bells and whistles required to keep them operational for a few years yet. Its the K models that have been withdrawn and currently being scrapped.

That's great. I would love to get a closer shot of it, so maybe next time.

It was closer, but by the time I could aim the camera, it had moved further away.

I could clearly see the camoflague, but not with the camers.

Archived