Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Vintage

kev7d

looks great on screen but how does it print? So much black can be difficult in print sometimes.

Wouldn't bother me, I never print. I was always a 'transparency' over 'colour negative' person anyway.

Kev, did you use pauln's technique on this? It reminds me of his chimp shots translated to a car.

Kev, did you use pauln's technique on this? It reminds me of his chimp shots translated to a car.

Not that I am aware of. I dare say there will be a cross over with technique but I selected the whole of the vehicle in PS and simply (I say simply) dropped it onto a black background. I just worked on separate elements of the car as necessary using Topaz and NIK plugins where needed.

When I took these shots, the usual museum back ground ruins them. So I decided that I can now do something about it!  :)  What has eluded me is the process of learning how to use selections in PS. I have found it very difficult to master but I am now well on my way! 

Not that I am aware of. I dare say there will be a cross over with technique but I selected the whole of the vehicle in PS and simply (I say simply) dropped it onto a black background. I just worked on separate elements of the car as necessary using Topaz and NIK plugins where needed.

When I took these shots, the usual museum back ground ruins them. So I decided that I can now do something about it!   :)  What has eluded me is the process of learning how to use selections in PS. I have found it very difficult to master but I am now well on my way! 

There's almost too many flavours : 3 kinds of lasso, a magic wand, marquees, masks, etc ... and when you've selected you can feather it, expand, shrink, find similar, copy / cut to a new layer, etc. We all find the ways we're most comfortable with.

There's almost too many flavours : 3 kinds of lasso, a magic wand, marquees, masks, etc ... and when you've selected you can feather it, expand, shrink, find similar, copy / cut to a new layer, etc. We all find the ways we're most comfortable with.

It was those refine edge tools that I have struggled with. But it is getting much easier with the more experience I am now gaining. Mind you, whilst it's simple to select something and pop this onto a new background. It's a whole new ball game to get the selection edges to look good on a credible background. :)

It was those refine edge tools that I have struggled with. But it is getting much easier with the more experience I am now gaining. Mind you, whilst it's simple to select something and pop this onto a new background. It's a whole new ball game to get the selection edges to look good on a credible background. :)

Yes, the art of feathering just the right amount is quite a thing. Trial and error usually works for me :)

Kev -  I like the 'ghostly' processing as you have here but I would like to have seen a version with a less dark background which might show off the lines of the car better as much of the detail is disappearing into the blackness?

Regarding edge feathering, can I suggest you persevere with the lasso tool, feather set to 1 for cutting around items. You can then use 'edge refine' to soften more if required. And I should add in case - always check the base layer is set as transparent when cutting out a layer.

Kev -  I like the 'ghostly' processing as you have here but I would like to have seen a version with a less dark background which might show off the lines of the car better as much of the detail is disappearing into the blackness?

Regarding edge feathering, can I suggest you persevere with the lasso tool, feather set to 1 for cutting around items. You can then use 'edge refine' to soften more if required. And I should add in case - always check the base layer is set as transparent when cutting out a layer.

Many thanks for your comments Colin.

Archived