Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The best Bridge Camera

I have a Panasonic FZ 100 and although I have DSLRs I still like my Panasonic.

I guess the later models are even better and have more scope too.
I will be taking my Panasonic on holiday next year, for the same reasons as you.

It is getting harder to carry equipment on and off trains, especially as we have the dog to take with us now.

The good thing about the Lumix FZ1000 is that due to its sensor size you can pretty much double the reach with its Extended Zoom (EZ) (or maybe they call it Intelligent Zoom, i-Zoom, these days?) - obviously resolution will drop, but optical quality will remain the same unlike with Digital Zoom. Or you can 'crop zoom' in PP; with a very good Sony 1" 20MP sensor, you have lots of scope.

From what I've heard, it is a very capable camera and will do pretty much all you require of it. As long as you don't mind the size, but at least you don't have to worry about hauling around a bundle of lenses.

The good thing about the Lumix FZ1000 is that due to its sensor size you can pretty much double the reach with its Extended Zoom (EZ) (or maybe they call it Intelligent Zoom, i-Zoom, these days?) - obviously resolution will drop, but optical quality will remain the same unlike with Digital Zoom. Or you can 'crop zoom' in PP; with a very good Sony 1" 20MP sensor, you have lots of scope.

From what I've heard, it is a very capable camera and will do pretty much all you require of it. As long as you don't mind the size, but at least you don't have to worry about hauling around a bundle of lenses.

I do like the sound of this one but I really wanted a longer focal length, The FZ200 is better for that....

Edited by JHFoto

Yes when I make my move it will be the FZ1000. All my Nikon gear will pay for it with some left over to buy the wife something nice....

Good move. Rarely have Panasonic been so highly praised for two cameras : the FZ1000 and the LX100.

Edited by ChrisLumix

Due to ill health and the inability to carry all of my DSLR gear very far I am looking to downsize.  What I need is the best and longest zoom bridge camera available..Any ideas guy's ???

JH the very reason I sold all my DSLR equipment and went to micro four thirds.

Looking at the reviews for the FZ1000 and FZ200 the 1000 seems the better bet for image quality, but are you sure you can live with the inevitable drop in image quality coming down from the D3300. 

Just as a aside and with a lot bigger sensor the E-M10, 14-42 & 40-150 weigh in at 776 grams and fit into a bag the same size as you would need for the FZ1000 or if you prefer one lens the E-M10 and 14-150mm also weigh in at 776 grams, the FZ1000 weighs in at 813 grams...just a thought.

Can I stick my nose in? If you are not printing huge prints are you going to notice the drop in image quality? Unless cropping in 100% to check something (is it called pixel peeping?) They will all look ok on flickr, facebook or whatever. ..

Edited by Leon

Can I syick my nose in? If nu

ot printing huge prints are you going to notice the drop in image quality? Unless cropping in 100% to check something (is it called pixel peeping?) They will all look ok on flickr, facebook or whatever. ..

Indeed even a cheap camera phone can look good on facebook or flickr.

Just as a aside and with a lot bigger sensor the E-M10, 14-42 & 40-150 weigh in at 776 grams and fit into a bag the same size as you would need for the FZ1000 or if you prefer one lens the E-M10 and 14-150mm also weigh in at 776 grams, the FZ1000 weighs in at 813 grams...just a thought.

Just my own four penn'orth : IF the 14-42 and 40-150 are kit lenses, they will be greatly out-performed by the FZ1000's Leica lens. If they're not kit lenses, the whole bundle will - presumably - cost a lot more than the FZ1000? Something to ponder over...

Just my own four penn'orth : IF the 14-42 and 40-150 are kit lenses, they will be greatly out-performed by the FZ1000's Leica lens. If they're not kit lenses, the whole bundle will - presumably - cost a lot more than the FZ1000? Something to ponder over...

Tthere not actually Leica lenses Chris in the sense that they were either designed or manufactured by Leica,they were just Leica approved (for a price) and are to all intent an purpouse a Panasonic manafactured lens. I'ts similar to the Zeiss and Sony arrangement.

Also no matter how good the lens is it is limited by the resolution of the sensor and vise versa.

Saying that looking at the sample images the FZ1000 is very good for a 1 inch sensor.

By the way I have always been impressed by the Oly 40-150 kit lens

40-150 @ 150mm (300mm)

original.jpg

Edited by OlyPaul

Tthere not actually Leica lenses Chris in the sense that they were either designed or manufactured by Leica,they were just Leica approved (for a price) and are to all intent an purpouse a Panasonic manafactured lens. I'ts similar to the Zeiss and Sony arrangement.

Partly true. But only part. I saw an interview with the Panasonic guy at Photokina who was describing the evolution of the LX100. Apparently, Leica were involved at all stages of the process - lens design, testing and production; they even have a representative on the production line who pulls one lens out of every batch in order to test it is up to par. The other point of significance is that the Leica D109 is essentially the same camera, but with a different exterior design and JPEG engine. In all other respects - lens, controls, electronics - it's the same camera. 

Surely if it were not a Leica lens they would not be able to put it on the lens....?????

Quite so. And it's not just the name - on the LX100 it's named as the "Leica Vario-Summilux", in other words the same name as an actual Leica range.

I'm sure there are Panasonic lenses with "Leica" on that are simply licenced (though Leica wouldn't licence any old rubbish), but others are genuine Leica lenses in the sense of Leica's involvement in the process, as I described above - yes, produced by Panasonic, but with Leica input at every stage. 

All the reviews for the FZ1000 give it glowing reports......................

Indeed they do JH and I also stated that fact in my replies twice, but bear in mind those reviews are comparing like to like, small sensor camera against against small sensor cameras.

I do not have a agenda here  JH and indeed tried to go the compact /bridge route myself but was disappointed.

Also a recent post of yours was still in my mind and hence my attempt to advise caution.

I went down the four thirds route a couple of years ago thinking I would reduce the weight I had to carry around. Panasonic Lumix G5 was my choice of camera but by the time I had a few decent lenses the weight difference was not that much. In my opinion image quality was never quite what I expected so I managed to sell the lot for decent money and went back to Nikon DSLRs... :)

If you saw the difference in image quality then between ASP-C and MFT, I'm pretty sure you will the difference between  ASP-C and a one inch sensor including the difference in DOF.

But it is your choice and money so i will bow out with good grace and wish you well with your decision.:)