Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Framing my landscape image help

Cathy

Hi all!

Just had my first landscape gloss print delivered and I am pleased with it.

Not having ever framed a print like this can I ask what your thoughts are on the best way to do it.

I would also like to frame the inside with a mount maybe 1 or 2 inches wide

Anyone have links to where is the best place to purchase frames and mounts within the UK?

The image below is the one I will be framing. It is 20x8 inches

post-1020-0-96731400-1416488741.jpg

Hi Cathy, if you have a RANGE store near you call in and get some mounting card, white is the norm but if you prefer a colour that's up to you.

The easy  way is  spray your picture with Spray Mount Glue and stick it on the board and then carefully draw a pencil square about 5 cm out around the picture  

The other and better option is to cut a square out and mount your picture behind. To do this you will also need a profile cutter to cut a mitered square in the board for your picture, some people double Mount it cutting a slightly larger outer square. Try practicing cutting on old cardboard until you get used to the cutter. When the picture is in place just run sticky tape round to hold it.

Have fun

Geoff

I have always gone to a proper framers and had them make a custom frame and cut custom mounts. That way you can look at the mounts, try the colour options agains the image (with the actual frame you've chosen) and get it absolutely right. 

Just about all of my framed and hung work is double mounted, just something I like, with a pale outer mount and a complimentary to the image inner one. The odd on has a very wide frame gold to compliment a graphically strong photograph as they don't need mounts to finish the look.

Excuse the poorly taken shots  :blushing:

Geoff thank you and that sounds like tricky work for me but would like to give it a go as it could be enjoyable.

I worded my question wrong and I see that now :) I will go and make an edit as it did look like I wanted to only mount the image.

What I want to do is slip the image into a frame with a mount on top so that it looks like a white / cream border.

I see from Black Pearls info that this is more what I had in mind. Thank you to Black Pearl (sorry don't see your name ) your prints are excellent! you must be very proud of these. One day I hope to be able to capture an image that good lol!

Geoff does the range sell ready made mounts to put over images ones already cut?

Archived