Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Ex L&Y loco

chorleyjeff

Keighley and Worth Valley.

The Railway Children was filmed there.

I have a lineside pass so can get closer to the action.

Jeff

Oh right - I've been on that. I was thinking there might be one closer to (your) home.

There is. The East Lancs Railway. But they don't do lineside passes so photos are more difficult.

I remember when I was still a Scouser, I regularly took trains out of Lime Street - first stop Edge Hill, starting point of the world's first passenger railway and set in an awesome sandstone cutting.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember when I was still a Scouser, I regularly took trains out of Lime Street - first stop Edge Hill, starting point of the world's first passenger railway and set in an awesome sandstone cutting.

When Eric Treacy was a young curate (later bishop of Wamkefield) he took B&W photos on a medium format camera of railway engines around Lime Street and Edge Hill. He got lineside because of his position in the church and community. He only took photos of express passenger engines in good light and they were wonderful photos. He was prepared to wait until everything was just right to get the picture as he did when taking photos in the deep cutting on the rare occasions sunlight got down there. A lesson for us all I think in not settling for second best when making pictures.

When I was a lad I tried taking photos at Lime Street of steam engines but predictably they were useless. I then waited for about 50 years before trying steam engines again but by this time it was just big boys playing at trains rather than the real thing - but I try to make it look real :-)

Cheers

Jeff

like this image but its a shame you couldnt get a little more of that lovely black smoke in without chopping off the train

Thanks for comment. I do have a tendancy to close in too tight. I think it is because I like to see detail. But I agree more context would be more pictorial.

Cheers

Jeff

Archived