Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

night shots

Leon

got myself a Yongnuo 560 ex 2 last week after the christening.

Thought i'd start messing for more car stuff, sadly my car is really boring, shots came out ok but not brilliant, difficult  to light the car without seeing the flash reflection in the paint??

IMG_0352-1.jpg

Interesting. My guess is that there was a streetlamp or a driveway lamp just out of shot to the right, casting that pool of light?

I think that's a case where you don't need to light the car too much, but just let reflections and metallic highlights gleam - we'd still recognise it for what it is. On that particular shot, I'm distracted by the background, i.e. the sodium-lit foliage showing behind the rear, and the other sodium light above right.

The car itself is fine, if a little soft (you weren't using a tripod, you naughty boy!)

I've just seen this pic on your Flickr page Leon. The picture was blacked out but I clicked on it anyway and got the message, "Adult Content, do you want to continue?" I was very disappointed to see just a car    :wallbash:

Interesting. My guess is that there was a streetlamp or a driveway lamp just out of shot to the right, casting that pool of light?

I think that's a case where you don't need to light the car too much, but just let reflections and metallic highlights gleam - we'd still recognise it for what it is. On that particular shot, I'm distracted by the background, i.e. the sodium-lit foliage showing behind the rear, and the other sodium light above right.

The car itself is fine, if a little soft (you weren't using a tripod, you naughty boy!)

not soft...out of focus, I did use a tripod but was too chuffing dark to be able to see to get the focus right!!!   :wallbash:

got myself a Yongnuo 560 ex 2 last week after the christening.

Thought i'd start messing for more car stuff, sadly my car is really boring, shots came out ok but not brilliant, difficult  to light the car without seeing the flash reflection in the paint??

yup - as you had the camera on a tripod did you ditch the flash and try a long exposure?

was using both Colin. trying to get the effect you see in the glossy mags, guess one speedlight and no knowledge is no match for a professional studio shoot.... or someone who has experience with a flash?

this was the effect I was after

post-32-0-30116600-1404155253.jpg

was using both Colin. trying to get the effect you see in the glossy mags, guess one speedlight and no knowledge is no match for a professional studio shoot.... or someone who has experience with a flash?

this was the effect I was after

You can bet your life that's had a LOT of post-processing ...

here's my edited version of my car,  (yes yes I don't do editing....)

took two shots one with the star filter one without so I could get rid of the reflection of the flash on the paint, darkened the alloys (not quite the same amount  :wallbash:  )

14515260386_19e3d81db1_b.jpg

far from perfect but I quite like it :)

You can bet your life that's had a LOT of post-processing ...

just what I was going to say - and you can tell the front off-side bumper under the headlight has been over-layed with a clone, probably of the drivers door, and then the opacity adjusted. The whole thing ruined by colouring the front number plate black.

I've had a go at yours Leon (hope you don't mind) :

post-677-0-16788100-1404209364.jpg

Basically, I changed the colour balance to remove the worst of that sodium light, then I just used a combination of layer blending on the car itself (Overlay, and High Pass filter). What do you think?

(It could probably be further improved by darkening the sky considerably in most places, and cloning out that ugly roof behind the trees on the right).

I think you have done well except for the last one which has many "blobs" and mess in it, above engine and rear of boot sky, over processing

Yes, you're right. I was only doing a 'quick and dirty' rather than a lengthy job on it. (Too clumsy with the clone tool, where if I'd feathered my selection in the first place, I wouldn't have needed to use it).

Archived