Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Harewood Hillclimb June 2014

Leon

well, harewood was a good day, granted Media access again.

when I went to return the borrowed brolly the lady behind the desk introduced me to the Secretary of the BARC Yorkshire. they want to use my pictures on their online publication, plus other images for a new car, a full write up!!!   http://speedhillclimb.com/tag/barc-yorkshire/

AND... they said whenever I return in the future I can get media access.... 

suppose being the only Photographer to turn up and stand in the torrential rain (in spells) helped me out loads, "shows commitment for my hobby" 

14369810261_b14e1af886_b_d.jpg

14186533408_ac182c7ff0_b_d.jpg

14350071566_c3b0975136_b_d.jpg

14186722697_4f4d74f341_b_d.jpg

14393354643_757dc70d65_b_d.jpg

pictures are lacking the wow factor I know, with a mix of trying to hold a brolly and shoot at the same time, along with the drivers taking it easy with the weather... but still a great day, 

oh and all this with an entry level DSLR and 2 2nd hand lenses... bring on the 70D and L lenses!!!! :)

Never mind - always good to see the Caterhams out in force. The only thing missing is a side-on panning 'background blur' shot, but you may not have been in the best position for that. If I was still fit I'd love to take part in something like that. Those cars have a mean turn of speed - they're not much more than a drive-train and a seat, on wheels!

Never mind - always good to see the Caterhams out in force. The only thing missing is a side-on panning 'background blur' shot, but you may not have been in the best position for that. If I was still fit I'd love to take part in something like that. Those cars have a mean turn of speed - they're not much more than a drive-train and a seat, on wheels!

I have hundreds of shots Chris, not many fans of motorsport so just added a few.....

14186493728_fb42f3f2c6_b_d.jpg

great shots there Leon, and in the rain too.....so your home made camera cover worked...

hmm it worked for light rain, later on though it hammered down so borrowed a brolly, glad it was not windy!!

I have hundreds of shots Chris, not many fans of motorsport so just added a few.....

For me you can post as many motorsport pics as you want Leon. It's like with the macro section; "if you don't like 'em, don't look at 'em!"

I like #3, the spray from the wheels gives a sense of speed. I know you don't like doing much PP, but I think I would be tempted to lift the shadow on the cars and darken the corners just a bit.

PS, I'm sat here kicking myself. I just found out that the Gumball Rally passed through today, I was out somewhere else!   :wallbash:

when I went to return the borrowed brolly the lady behind the desk introduced me to the Secretary of the BARC Yorkshire. they want to use my pictures on their online publication,

Well done Leon - I don't suppose they are offering you any financial reward but do insist and make sure they credit you for taking the pictures. :thumbup:

Well done Leon - I don't suppose they are offering you any financial reward but do insist and make sure they credit you for taking the pictures. :thumbup:

already sorted out accreditation colin thanks, we did discuss payment but when I signed on I did'nt pay attention to the smallprint!!   :wallbash:

another nice surprise today, the secretary of the BARC (people who run the hillclimb) rung me and thanked me for the pictures I sent him for the publication, said he was impressed with the quality of the images given the foul conditions on the day, then went on to say he'd like more of my pictures in future so would I accept a complimentary season pass for Harewood!!

to say I was pleased is an understatement!

so sorry guys but having a season media pass means I WILL be posting more motorsports on a monthly basis

:)

Archived