Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Aristodog (HDR)

The more I look at the original, the more I see that due to the dog's being in the shade, with bright sun around, the more difficult to rescue it is. Even applying Gaussian blur to the background hasn't helped.

So, in PhotoDirector 4 I have applied an HDR preset, then gone into Manual mode and adjusted the settings until I was fairly happy. The dog has certainly been vastly improved, though at the expense of the grass he's sitting on.

But, compared to the original version posted, do you agree this is much better (of the dog)?

post-677-0-61979700-1400421227.jpg

I actually prefer the other photo,.. the reflection in the grass shows on his lips and nose

Maybe I notice these things more because I constantlly Take photos of dogs and draw them too.

,.. if you could kinda exclude those bits in the HDR and then combine both photos together is should be better

I actually prefer the other photo,.. the reflection in the grass shows on his lips and nose

Maybe I notice these things more because I constantlly Take photos of dogs and draw them too.

,.. if you could kinda exclude those bits in the HDR and then combine both photos together is should be better

Ok, but this is positively my last attempt! I seem to have spent HOURS on this. What's your verdict?

post-677-0-72399300-1400433114.jpg

the processing, the dog is lovely, I liked the original :)

I did prefer the original too,.. but as CL was not quite happy which is most important I suggested this.

I did not like the FULL HDR one.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Actually, the original is not the original :lol: as I spent quite a bit of time in PSE adding Gaussian blur to the background. The "full HDR" here shows the unblurred version. The final version is a bit of a compromise I admit - the blurred "original" had the dog's head too dark and HDR appeared to be the only way to lighten it. Oh well, goes to prove the old 'adage' that you can't please everybody! I'm glad to have had the discussion though - it has spurred me to try something different.

Archived