Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Please note  there is an important notice to read regarding the future of this site ... see link below :-

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/60475-tipf-will-be-closing-down-on-30th-june-2024/

Thank  you

Clicker and Ryewolf.   Admin 

one for facebookers....

Leon

I know for a fact that I would not be taken seriously with a point and shoot, for many events you need a DSLR to show you are a photographer.

I remember someone said to me many many years ago, he could turn up at an event with one of the "new" Hi 8 cameras, small and top quality, but he takes his old large video camera because it "looks" professional

Not with getting your knickers in a twist for Leon........just take the camera and lens you have and enjoy yourself.

I went to a motoring event this morning, not racing but a Super Car Rally in aid of Cancer research......I had a long conversation with. German guy who was wearing the latest full frame Nikon DSLR.

He was enraptured by my new PANASONIC GX7 which looked puny in comparison, if it wasn't for my very dodgy left eye I would still be using my old GF1 acquired second hand for just £150 complete with kit lens......I need a viewfinder now though.

I do think that if you are to be a professional, to earn money at sports photography, then you do need to invest in the best, like all good crafts persons should.

I recall very similar snobbery amongst metal detectorists in clubs I was a member of, my second hand C Scope used to cause many a snigger, those soon turned to wonder when I produced 13th century and Roman silver coins, including a recorded hoard......it's not what you've got......it the way that you use it that counts.

Annie, does your gang suffer from Fishing Rod envy??

FUJI

I'm not to worried about turning up with my gear Fuji, the people I am going to meet are already happy with the quality of the images I take.

the real test is with the guy I am in touch with who sells articles to papers, the first thing he mentioned was most "pro toggers" could buy a rally car for themselves with the value of the camers they carry around.

The problem with most is they don't want to miss one shot, need the best photo, spend so much time trying they miss the "fun" of the event.

I have shot weddings, sports, wildlife and more and never ever get OTT, (must me the medication I'm on) and it helps to be there for the fun, enjoy the day, the photography, and believe me "luck" will play a big part.

These are luck only, I have the complete sequence, of each 20 frames each, just right place right time, no special expensive gear

post-29-0-53512400-1399917864.jpg

post-29-0-87646900-1399917871.jpg

post-29-0-83955100-1399917878.jpg

However don't be too hard on photographers who DO have the gear, either they have earned it or like me, don't smoke, drink, gamble, and just enjoy good gear

I have no commitments, no mortgage, no wife (now, thank god), raised my sons as a single dad for 18 years and now two of three have left, this year I will get a D4s and when available the D9300 D300s replacement in September and am considering a couple more lenses,

The average cost of 20 cigarettes is say £6.75 x 7 = £47.25 a week x 52 = £2,457.00, add pub for many and there is a good camera

Edited by jeremy rundle

I totally agree with you there Jeremy, I have never been or never will be the jealous type, but I also don't want to wait till I'm too old to be able to walk 5 miles through the hills to a Rally stage (or at three sisters 200 yard walk from the carpark  :dizzy: )

I do intend upgrading my body next year though (waits for jokes)  probably another 2nd hand one maybe a 700d?

When I click on your link all I get is this page can not be displayed

https://www.facebook.com/FroKnowsPhoto/photos_stream?fref=photo

700D, still just 5 fps, I have a 60d, too slow for races, the extra up to 7fps even 6 makes a heck of a difference, more importantly buffer.

Better that link opens in facebook, still no webpage though

Ok, am I past it, 57

Edited by jeremy rundle