Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

day 184 of 365

annie

i was really struggling with this. it was in my sons house and he has white walls and the sun was poring in through what is a huge picture window...i tried every setting on the damned camera..but i could not get it....i would appreciate some advice for these situations if anyone can offer any. i switched from raw to jpeg and back and all the pics came out the same...!

i like this, looks natural, shame she is not looking at the camera.

viewed from a distance (as if on a wall) you don't notice anything.

i always think that when we look at an image on the screen, because we are up close to it we may notice to much, but viewed from several feet away (as you would view a mounted print) our eyes don't pick it up, un less it is an obvious blur or something.

normaly with grain/noise (to my understanding) it could be to using a high ISO setting, try switching it to 100 or less, you may be able to get away by attatching some sort of filter ND or poleriser, cuts out some of the light but may darken the background.

in the canon software there are a couple of filters that help to cut out noise but they do may the image softer (crap advice if using a nikon but there my be something in their software).

if you normaly shoot in raw i would stick to it, more info and better quality, it will be changed to jpeg when any conversions are done anyway.

i have ran it through the canon software filters and added a touch of sharpening by 75%, i haven't downloaded it as you state no to altering any images, but if you want to see the difference let me know and i'll post it tonight.

geoff

ps oh and by the way, when reducing to view on the net there is always some loss to an image.

Archived