Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Hello Fuji.

Some years ago I had a slide copier I would use the same principle but from made from card, with a slot for the slides and some white translucent plastic at the other end. From my model experiences with card I would use 2mm Greyboard and Shellac it to make it really stiff and easy to file into shape. PVA glue will stick it all together very strongly.

Four boards to make a long tube and ribs around three of the sides to keep it stiff and square. Then mount it on some good plywood with a tripod mount made from a 3/8 Whitworth bolt or a bit of cut off allthread, cover with some black cloth to make the exposures.

Hope that helps.

Cheers - Jim

JEM you are a STAR!

This is just what I need to get me started again, and to motivate me to climb two flights of stairs up to our Victorian Attic, now that the days ( and the attic) are slightly warmer, I might just have a go at this, but it will take time plus much self motivation.

I discovered whilst doing the glass negatives, it is a task that should require two people, the photographer and a loader/ packer, to take a slide from its box, note it's title or record the scene, give it a brush then load it into the carrier for photographing.

This means that the photographer, doesn't have to keep dodging back and forth with the risk of kicking the tripod legs in a small space.

I must try to bribe somebody.

Thanks again!.....you have been a great help.

FUJI

Hello Fuji,

Thanks for that :-)

I buy my greyboard from this guy in Nottingham;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/9-x-A4-Greyboard-Craft-Card-2000mic-2mm-/190645010610?pt=UK_Crafts_CraftingPaper_EH&hash=item2c635400b2

Here's a Shellac Flake supplier;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flake-Button-Shellac-for-Antique-Furniture-repair-100g-/170942393298?pt=UK_Antiques_AntiqueFurniture_SM&hash=item27ccf5ebd2

Dissolve the shellac flakes in 50ml Methylated spirit in an old mustard jar until its about thin paint consistency, it takes about 12 hours to dissolve completely. It will soak right into the greyboard and make it very hard, the great thing about using the stuff is the next coat dissolves into the first one. When dry it can be painted easily, clean the brush in Meths and keep the cleaning solution to make up more shellac.

Cheers - Jim

Hi, again Jem,

Thank you muchly ( again ;-)

Being a retired Pro Toy Maker, I have lots of hardboard and other board off cuts, so materials will be no problem.

I note that you don't give dimensions........my old glass slides are the standard 2 inches square ( 50mm in foreign) .....so what length do you think my version should be.....and which lens would give best results please?

Questions? Questions? Sorry!

FUJI

Hello Fuji,

I just got my TtV box out of the loft, this has got a Kodak Duaflex in it the screen is about 1.1/4" square and the distance from the screen to the tripod mount is 8".

At the time I was using a 300D with the 18-55 lens, to use the lens on its own the box would have to have been about 12" to 2ft long. I wanted something portable that I could put on a tripod so I bought a set of Chinese close up lenses, they worked fine.

Cheers - Jim

post-896-0-79573600-1394022034.jpg

Hi, again Jem.....this is all good stuff....thanks!

Two more questions, then I will shut up...

1: I can understand that there is a slot at one end to take the slide, with an opaque white screen right on the end....Yes.?

2: When photographing the slides do you point the box towards daylight, or a daylight type of lamp?

Cheers!

FUJI

Hello Fuji,

There was a translucent screen at the other end of the slide copier that I had.

With your set up though If I may offer a suggestion, set the tube up on something horizontal with the open end facing some white card shine two lights onto the card to give even illumation and adjust the white balance to suit. You can then leave it setup for the next session.

I don't mind in the least it's very interesting.

Cheers - Jim

Here's a pic from the TtV contraption

post-896-0-27265600-1394030608.jpg

Archived