Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Why do Nikon still make..

Why do they still make vinyl records? Because the demand is still there! And I for one, think the quality of sound beats the tired old CD hands down. I'll use MP3 because it's just so convenient in every way, but if I wanted sound as it should be heard, I'll dig out an LP and put it reverently on the turntable.

I guess there are people who still feel the same way about film. As for the price, wouldn't you say that's precisely because film aficionados are now so few and far between, that it costs more to cater for them than it does to mass produce a digicam of equivalent quality?

There's still a market for good quality film gear. I recently put my Pentacon Six stuff (two bodies, five viewfinders and six lenses) up for sale on Gumtree and spent a week fighting off buyers from all over the UK and Europe. Almost all wanted it to use, though there were one or two collectors. I was staggered by the prices offered for some of it. A lens I thought was worth thirty quid went to someone in Finland who emailed and offered 130 :o and the bodies which I thought were going to be twenty quid apiece fetched 50.

In fairness, if you want a 'film look' then you can't beat... film.

Nothin not to like about the Zorki. I always had a reference for rangefinders. Wish they made a digital one today, I'd buy it (except a Leica, I don't need another mortgage). I think the overlapping image focussing would be handled better by my ailing eyesite than a focus screen.

Nothin not to like about the Zorki. I always had a reference for rangefinders. Wish they made a digital one today, I'd buy it (except a Leica, I don't need another mortgage). I think the overlapping image focussing would be handled better by my ailing eyesite than a focus scree

Have a look at this and be amazed...

I have a bad feeling that it's just a one-off project and not commercially available :(

Interesting bit of history the Zorki's and Fed's but Leica's they were not...not by a long shot.

Very nearly bought a Leica IIIF donkey's years ago but chickened out - dig buy a Nikon SP which was fun but I didn't keep it long...wish I still had it now though.

KentJoostenHalfRallyNK-SP-S3sdrOK.jpg

Well, certainly not any RECENT Leica! But I have read that the Zorki came out of the Leica IIIb after the Soviets took over the East German optical industries after the war. Not the lenses though, but the Russian Jupiter lenses - while no Summicrons - were no slouches either; excellent contrast and pretty good sharpness too. I got superb results from mine.

This guy talks at great length about the whole Russian rangefinder history, but basically looks at the Zorki 4K.

Were all these cameras based around the same screw thread mounts? Could I use Nikon and Canon, even Leica, lenses in the Zorki? (Edit: he's just got to that part on the video - the Zorki uses the LTM - Leica Thread Mount - so it will take Leica lenses and probably quite a few other makes too.)

Edited by ChrisLumix

thing is for me I would love to try a really good film camera, I think I have learnt so much from using digital and the 'cost freedom' digital gives you against film I feel I could now waste less film/money than I would have done back when it was just film.

Oh! anyone interested in a few hundred singles 12" & 7" pre 1990 ? :smiling: