Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Chloe and Nathan

Leon

My first non family portraits (please try and ignore the background, need to get it edited)

P1150443_zpsbae4a442.jpg

was quite hard trying to get 2 nippers properly posed and looking natural so I sat the baby on a bean bag, Chloe leaned over the top of him, I quite like the final picture.

Ok Mrwall..

I will google your camera, but usually the aperture would range per Lens ( and of course per camera on a fixed lens )

The aperture is pretty much how deep the focus stays sharp.. so take a protrait of a face, if you focus on the tip of a nose and use f1.8, then the nose will be sharp, but the eyes and face out of focus.. where keeping the camera at the exact same position using f16, then everything on the face will be sharp....

BUT there is obviously other things happening that effect the shot..

Not saying how to suck lemons, but to extend your DOF in the shot, then move further away and zoom in.. this shortens the focal length, meaning more in focus..

There is a direct representation between " Full Aperture " and Shutter speed,

the Full stops are

1.8 2.8 4.0 5.6 8.0 11 16 22 32

Each of these means that half the light hits the sensor, so from f2.8 at 1000th second shutter speed, at f4 its 500th, you will get same exposure, but better DOF

Hope this kinda helps

Steve

nice shot, but i think it is slightly over exposed and a little soft in focus, i have adjusted levels, added unsharp and cropped slightly and come up with this result for comparison, also put a border on as i am a big believer in borders to finish the images off, as they would look in print so to speak.

hope you don't mind my input.

geoff

post-43-0-35229400-1351227450.jpg

Nicley posed

A bit tricky with the exposure due to the masss of white but nothing that cant be overcome as the others have shown (whether you like them or not thats your perogative your image)

If you are interested in focus try googling "Hyperfocal distance" which is basically if you focus on point A its how much is in focus before A and how much is in focus after A for a givern aperture

Here is a table (they used to put this on all lens but a lot dont bother now and it is important) Your camera isnt listed but all these figures are spot on accurate (which non of us will ever be ) so its a good guide to the nearest inch (or foreign measurement) just pick any camera Looks complicated but a little patience and rewards will be reaped

http://dofmaster.com/doftable.html

On the other hand this is probably known by you so pass it on to someone who dosnt know about hyperfocal distance

Archived