Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Sophia

Leon

A friend from school became a grandad at 38!!  (the one in the 1st picture) Sophia is now 11 weeks old, I went up really to use them as models to practise on.

11906092903_9a3bf90b57_b.jpg

this is another case of needing to get some lighting, using the 50mm at 1.8 with natural lighting meant I could not get everything in focus.

this one is mother father and baby. I am quite happy with this except the obvious lighting flaws.. :(

11906084453_950bbf1783_b.jpg

they have asked me to go back in a few months to do more when she is more aware of her surroundings and can sit up unaided, Samantha even wants me to do some of her when she looses her baby weight, I even got a crate of Stella too :)

NIce Leon...Invest in some lighting and you will be on your way!

I have never seen a baby with such a mop of hair, she looks like a doll. I can see a nightmare on the way when spoon feeding starts, they do like to wear the dinners!!!!

NIce Leon...Invest in some lighting and you will be on your way!

Even a large white card to use as a reflector would make a big difference, and it's cheap. There's some good natural light there you could make use of.

Ok.

White balance is a mile off, the shadows need bringing up a bit and you could crop then tighter. 

Hopefully you've shot RAW so all those can be 'corrected' in a jiffy.

thanks, I'd rather be told how to correct than get no replies :)

I am looking at some lighting to help with situations like this, money is tight but do you think something like this will help or am I wasting my money?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Softbox-Continuous-Lighting-50x70cm-Softboxes/dp/B00E5Y7SK2/ref=sr_1_24?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1389552288&sr=1-24&keywords=studio+lighting

or should I just but a good speedlight?

I am looking at some lighting to help with situations like this, money is tight but do you think something like this will help or am I wasting my money?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Softbox-Continuous-Lighting-50x70cm-Softboxes/dp/B00E5Y7SK2/ref=sr_1_24?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1389552288&sr=1-24&keywords=studio+lighting

or should I just but a good speedlight?

I'll pm you tomorrow Leon, I have a recent photography mag that did a review of budget lighting and one they raved about, I'll sort it out and have a re-read for you.

BUT - these are often very fiddly to put together especially when in someones home and they are looking over your shoulder - maybe a white reflector would be easier for you? 

I'll pm you tomorrow Leon, I have a recent photography mag that did a review of budget lighting and one they raved about, I'll sort it out and have a re-read for you.

BUT - these are often very fiddly to put together especially when in someones home and they are looking over your shoulder - maybe a white reflector would be easier for you? 

colin honestly the whole house was yellow, and it had such small windows, poor lighting, I'm not sure a reflector would have done much really, plus with 2 parents and a grandparent I was a little out of my comfort zone, something I will have to get used too, this being my 2nd baby shoot I was reasonably pleased but I was not kidding myself they were studio standard.

the first one needs a larger DOF as the elbow under the baby being slightly out of focus draws my eye as it tries to put it in focus and theres a bit too much space above grandads head, most of which can be fixed in the edit.

The second one needs the white balance sorting and the shadows lifting both of which should be easy if you shot raw. I had a quick play but editing the raw should be easy.

Nice little lighting kit that, would do the job but they bring their own head aches.

You could sort the colour cast by shooting RAW and including a neutral grey/white bit of card on your first shot and using a spot white balance tool in the RAW converter to set the colour temp.

Archived