Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Please note  there is an important notice to read regarding the future of this site ... see link below :-

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/60475-tipf-will-be-closing-down-on-30th-june-2024/

Thank  you

Clicker and Ryewolf.   Admin 

Totally Bonkers.

JohnP

I'd wager he got off with it. There are lots of exceptions in law for doing ordinarily-illegal things to avoid accident etc. No magistrate in his right mind will have upheld the fine.

He should never have received the fine in the first place. This sort of thing just alienates normal law abiding people.... just like that idiot copper I posted about yesterday.

Edited by JohnP

Agreed, but the fine probably came from the inadequately-trained CCTV operator :(

Surrey Council once slapped a parking fine on my car - they stuck the envelope wossname over the top of the pay-and-display sticker inside my windscreen, which still had one and a half hours left on it. I expect this kind if behaviour from Civil Servants. Unfortunately we have interfered with Mother Nature to the extent that natural selection no longer whittles these people out of society.

• Like 1

This is a somewhat different story regarding my encounter with a clamper in London. As some of you may know I was a sameday courier for 12 years before the Poles pinched all my work and I retired. A few years ago I had a delivery (small package) and as was usually the case in London there was nowhere to park my van on the main street, as I was only going to be a few minutes I parked my van in the car park to a block of flats. I only had to walk about 100 yards to deliver the package, when I got back to my van a guy had just finishing putting a wheel clamp on the front wheel. I could see straightaway he wasn't going to listen to what I had to say, I had tried to talk to him, he didn't seem to understand english. I decided to bring out my secret weapon, I opened the sliding door of my van and reached in behind the drivers seat and brought out my cordless drill which already had a 1/2" twist bit in the chuck. I always carried the drill for just such an occasion as this. I walked over to his truck and held the drill up against the wall of one of the tyres, I gave him 10 seconds to remove the clamp after which time I would go around all 4 tyres in double quick time. It was quite amazing how fast he learned to speak english and the clamp was removed in about 9 seconds... :rofl:

• Like 2

My local council used to let disabled drivers park free before they got the customary 'callous attack' that prevails these days. Outside the library, the disabled spaces were right by the door - great. However, the ticket dispenser for able-bodied drivers was at the other end of the car park. When they brought in charges for the disabled, did they think to add a ticket dispenser right next to the spaces? Nope.

So on this occasion, having realised which way the land lay, I reversed out of the disabled bay and parked on the yellow lines right by them - still close to the door - and put my blue badge on display. A 'community parking operative' saw me and challenged what I'd just done. I told him I was within my rights. He said he would issue a ticket anyway. When I came back out of the library, he had done so. I went back in, got an appeal form, filled it out, handed it in ... surprise surprise, I never heard anymore about it. 

My local council used to let disabled drivers park free before they got the customary 'callous attack' that prevails these days. Outside the library, the disabled spaces were right by the door - great. However, the ticket dispenser for able-bodied drivers was at the other end of the car park. When they brought in charges for the disabled, did they think to add a ticket dispenser right next to the spaces? Nope.

So on this occasion, having realised which way the land lay, I reversed out of the disabled bay and parked on the yellow lines right by them - still close to the door - and put my blue badge on display. A 'community parking operative' saw me and challenged what I'd just done. I told him I was within my rights. He said he would issue a ticket anyway. When I came back out of the library, he had done so. I went back in, got an appeal form, filled it out, handed it in ... surprise surprise, I never heard anymore about it. 

Well done... it's great to win when you are right... I hate these tin gods that work for local authorities... I've met a few of them when I was doing courier work. I once got my money back when I got a parking ticket while I was delivering 16 boxes of stationary to offices in Hatton Garden, London. When I appealed against the fine I didn't tell them that it was the nearest I've ever come to knocking the block off a traffic warden, the git was booking me while I was unloading... how I didn't floor him is amazing... it was a very close thing.