Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Reflection Photography, comments please

David

Lately I have been getting more and more into taking photos of reflections. I took these on the Keyside, Newcastle at New Year's Eve. I took a few more too, being a wet day lol.

I just wondered what your thoughts and reactions are to these as it is an area I really want to explore and develop further.

This 1st one has some litter and a carrier bag in the puddle, not sure if they add anything to it but I left them in

post-819-0-13172900-1388662469.jpg

I loved The Tyne Bridge reflected in a bit of a dirty window:

post-819-0-97825500-1388662643.jpg

Thanks Richard I agree, that's why I think I am drawn to that type of shot

Thanks Heather, I agree but at the time of framing the shot, I thought it was a bit edgy - but yeah it doesn't come across that way lol. The second one is a reflection on the mirrored glass of the window

Thanks Graham, looking at the second one now, I think if I had framed it with more of the window frame it might have imroved it

I will upload another 2 and see what you think. The 1st will be the colour version of #2 to see if it looks any better (probably wont lol) and the 2nd a similar shot to #1 but with the Tyne Bridge...

not sure about the kids on the left as they pull your eye to them rather than the puddle.

David do you focus on the puddle or the distance?

2nd pic - Whilst I can see the whole thing is a reflection I'm not sure it really works, in this case I would prefer to see the actual bridge than view a streaky window reflection. 

I see what you mean Colin, and thanks. And I focused on the bridge in the puddle to try and make it stand out more in the image, I can see how it made the main bridge look a little softer though

Here is the colour version of #2:

post-819-0-98977000-1388673732.jpg

And here is another puddle reflection:

post-819-0-40788400-1388673779.jpg

Window reflection still isn't blowing my skirt up, but I'm convinced there's a piccy in there somewhere.

I really like the second one though, one of them photos that just works even though it breaks the rules of dividing lines at midway points etc. The tonality, the symmetry, the shapes.... it's lovely :)

Thanks Graham, I also think the second one is begging to be viewed from a distance to get the best from it.

The 1st is lacking a lot of the original depth, it was one of those things you see and just think wow, I have to take a shot of that, then the camera just flattens the whole thing out, or the settings I used? It really looked impressive by eye. I still think more of the window frame in the shot may have done something for it

I love that first one. Could I make one suggestion? Try cropping out the right hand edge with the building, leaving just the bridge and its reflection, and the kids to the left. 

I also like the last one you posted - especially the slight ripple in the reflection.

I'm afraid the window shot doesn't work for me either - it's just a reflection of a bridge, nothing else, so I can't see any story there.

Archived