Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Project 366 2012 Day 297 Silver Lizard

Image is a little soft??

??? is it a reflection ??

Im not sure what equipment you use, but for me with a still life image, I would hope to get full focus on the whole of the image,

As said I use DSLR so have the luxury of holding focus through the whole image

Cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve

i probably should have said that its a raynox image which means it has a very narrow DOF to work with, hence the tail being out of focus

the image is a brooch and its reflection if thats what your asking

i used a canon 400d with a 55-250 zoom lens and the raynox DCR250

Thanks Heather,

Yes have seen a lot of these images using the Raynox on here..

I dont know the glass, also dont understand the glass either, as adding space and more glass to a dedicated lens ???? the results must be uncontrollable..

Sorry but a little old school here, where you could use tubes to get the same, if not more controlled results ???

thanks nanny :) i found it just takes practice so please dont give up, would love to see your dragon !

I wasn't happy with the dragon but gradually learning to move the camera back and forward to get focus, and managed to get the star of pips in the middle of half an apple which spurred me on.

I found it easier to use it on the Panasonic bridge that on the dslr, probably because I don't have a very steady hand and the Pana is lighter and smaller to hold and I really wanted to practice handheld shots with it.

I have never taken so many shots of one subject. lol

I have a little Mini Slik and thinking of using that for table top shots.

I would have to move the tripod back and forth as I don't have a slider.

I've posted my apple pips in the Close up and Macro forum.

I daren't say how many shots it took to get that one, but I did have fun trying.

Archived