Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Muddy puddle? Or a gateway to another world?

Here's another of the photos I took in the dene the other day. It just looked like a muddy puddle till you saw it at a certain angle.

post-819-0-06125300-1385368280.jpg

Taken with Nikon D7100, F/5.6, Exp 1/20 sec, ISO 100, Nikkor 55-300 lens @ 180mm

Thanks bugs and Chris I would love to say straight out of the camera but, I pp'd the raw file in elements 12...

Adjusted: contrast (+25), highlights (+59), shadows (+89), whites (+43), blacks (-76), clarity (+20), vibrance (+10). Temp (as shot 4600), tint (as shot +6)

Sharpening: (as shot, no adjustment)

Noise (didnt really need it but I always like to put a slight reduction into my shots; luminance (+30), luminance detail (untouched) luminance contrast (+30), colour (I always adjust these high...a habit I seem to have got into...+95), colour detail (90)

These are what I call polishing the shot, and no hard or fast rules to it I just adjust the sliders 'till I like what I see. Here is the shot as taken:

post-819-0-90463200-1385398929.jpg

Oh and I also turned it upside down to show the trees the right way up instead of upside down

Thanks bugs and Chris I would love to say straight out of the camera but, I pp'd the raw file in elements 12...

Adjusted: contrast (+25), highlights (+59), shadows (+89), whites (+43), blacks (-76), clarity (+20), vibrance (+10). Temp (as shot 4600), tint (as shot +6)

Sharpening: (as shot, no adjustment)

Noise (didnt really need it but I always like to put a slight reduction into my shots; luminance (+30), luminance detail (untouched) luminance contrast (+30), colour (I always adjust these high...a habit I seem to have got into...+95), colour detail (90)

These are what I call polishing the shot, and no hard or fast rules to it I just adjust the sliders 'till I like what I see. Here is the shot as taken:

attachicon.gifPuddle-raw.jpg

Oh and I also turned it upside down to show the trees the right way up instead of upside down

That's fascinating. I prefer your processed shot, but weirdly, it's easier to see the original subject matter in the original RAW shot.

Do you log down all your Elements adjustments? That's a big Wow as I'd spend my whole life recording those details if I did it!

By 'its easier to see the original subject matter' do you mean its easier to see that it is a reflection in a muddy puddle? if so I agree. But I like to try to make my photos a bit intriguing to be studied a little and worked out, kind of trying to add a little interest to them. That's why I called it a gateway to another world (I think it looks more like a window than a reflection)  I also (personally) like to make the blacks really black and make further adjustments around this.

As for logging down settings I would also be spending all my life recording them! Instead elements saves an XMP file along side the raw file so when you re-open it in photoshop, it opens at the settings you adjusted it to, so they are always there to view, as long as you either don't rename the raw file or you rename both the same and save them in the same folder.

Archived